Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really hated having to make this thread but reading all the threads on KYB vs Tokico didnt help solve my dilema over which ones to get to pair with my Eibach ProKit.

how stiff are the tokicos? is it that harsh over bumps and such?
what about KYBs? are they even made to take lowering springs?

dont plan on getting new wheels anytime soon.

thanks alot.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,370 Posts
the tokicos are stiff as hell in my opinion when it's combined with a decent drop and big wheels and stiff tires
I like the kybs because they are closer to stock, and yet are stiff enough to know that they aren't stock struts and can still handle decently

for real, if you're riding on 14s, then any strut won't feel too badly at all- those huge sidewalls will prevent you from feeling too much bump

·
tC
2007 Scion tC
486 Posts
personally, if i had the money i would get the tokicos but if on a budget get the kyb's.

tokicos are definetly stiffer than the kyb's but if u already got the eibachs then u know what ur getting into.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you want a nice softer ride, go with KYBs, if you want a sorta stiffer ride but still comfortable, get Tokicos. Both shocks won't be very harsh for the street and with Eibachs your ride will still be very smooth either way.

I also read that both GR-2s and blues (on honda forums) weren't made for lowered applications. But there was a sheet of paper that came with my tokico blues that states that the shocks can handle up to about 1.5inches. (or it could be the warrenty). So I guess they were designed for lowering springs...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.