Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought that the brakes were touchy on my ‘13 TCH but man, this ‘18 TCH is really touchy!

I get it that when the rotors have some flash rust on them, but even on a good day you have to be easy on the pedal. Anyone else experience this? On a good note, my ‘13 now has 107k on the original brakes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I find them very touchy too. The transition is too abrupt. Also, creeping into my garage is a neck snapping experience.

This is my first hybrid.

I’ve driven an eGolf and MINI Cooper SE (both EVs) and found the braking smoother.

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m at 25k now and I don’t see them getting any smoother. They’re outright grabby if your just rolling into the garage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2018 TCH has over 110k miles and its been grabby and touchy since the day we bought it. THis only happens at low speed maneuvering

·
Registered
36 Posts
The brakes are grabby, especially at low speeds. Parking is a head jerking affair which isn’t elegant for such a nice car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have experienced no problems with manual braking on my 2018 TCH XLE. Automatic braking while using enhanced cruise control can be a bit jerky, but just using the brake pedal it works normally with no grabbing.

·
Registered
2020 Camry Hybrid LE
3 Posts
I was worried about this before my purchase as I saw the car salesman reversing one and it looked terribly jerky. However, now that I have one, the only time I really notice this is creeping into my garage anticipating hitting the rubber bump with the tire that lets me know I'm in right spot for closing the garage door, etc. I don't notice it in parking lots or really even in stop/go traffic, but I'm sure part of that is just that I got used to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts