Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
G'day people,

Well it's not a Tacoma but it's not too far off.

2006 Toyota Hilux SR5, D4D Turbo Diesel (3L 4cyl @ 120kw / 343Nm)

I thought I'd post up some specs and pics of my Tojo I have recently built up down here in Perth, Western Oz.

Mods:

Safari Snorkel
Lightforce 240 XGT Spotties
2" Bluemax suspension
5x 31/10.5/15 BFG All Terrains
ARB Deluxe winch bar (colour coded)
ARB Rear tow bar
ARB Fiberglass smooth sports canopy
Warn XD9000 winch
Storage draws
Dual battery setup
Long range 135l fuel tank
Dual Battery kit (RedArc Solenoid + 105Ah Batt)
Extra dark window tint
Custom number plates "D4D"
Snatch Strap, Shackles, tree trunk protectors, snatch block, yadda yadda
Icom IC40S Handheld

Pioneer DVD touch screen
GME TX3600 UHF+antenna (remote head)
Waeco 50l fridge
Shurflo water pump
Water tank

Then later down the track:

HF Radio and autotune antenna
Ditronic chip
Front locker
Custom bash plates
Side steps and side rails
SAS (Solid axle swap) conversion

And so much more.... mmm

Pics:

PS: I love the trucks you guys all have over there!! they look bloody unreal. Esp the grills. mmmm

·
Registered
'06 Tacoma D Cab
31 Posts
What in the world is the snorkle on the side for? :confused: That is an awesome truck!!

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
man thas real nice especially the bumper up front. hey beau the snorkel there if he wants to cross even deeper water.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas

Just on another note I had ugpraded my suspension to heavy duty 40mm lifted coils + shocks. The other day I was off road and the shock snapped from the base. Is there anyone who could recommend what shocks I should obtain that would fit my setup? I am not sure if the Tacoma has the same setup.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? I really think it's a bad weak point in the new Toyota IFS for these vehicles.

Opposite side still in order (for now)

And here's the broken shock:

If anyone has any feedback on this, I'd love to hear it.

BTW, The gold is my rust proofing.

·
Heart Art
1,355 Posts
awesome looking truck man! looks like you put a lot of $ in it. hey how about some pictures of the interior?! thanks!

·
Registered
06 Taco DC TRD Sport
40 Posts
Thats sweet, I was just over in england and saw alot of Hilux's and mitsubishi warriors the only trucks i saw over there actually. Didn't get any pictures though because my digicam was full and i couldn't dump it... yes I know shame on me for not deleting pictures of amazing stonework and castles hehe. Do the Hilux's have the same drive train as the Tacoma's ? and I am damn jealous of you getting to have a diesel toyota, thats all i want for christmas.

·
Registered
Paseo/Tacoma
379 Posts
alchemist said:
2006 Toyota Hilux SR5, D4D Turbo Diesel (3L 4cyl @ 120kw / 343Nm)
I have no clue what 120kw/343Nm means, is it similar to hp/torque?

Looks like you have the same wheels as the FJ, very nice truck. I also wish I could have the turbo diesel.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Why is everything copper colored under the truck ? Is that some kind of undercoating?

Russ

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
theflavor said:
I have no clue what 120kw/343Nm means, is it similar to hp/torque?
1 kilowatt = 1.34102209 HP

1 Nm = 0.737 lb-ft.

120kW/343Nm -> 161HP/253 lb-ft.

Pretty good. Better HP and touque numbers than the gasoline 4 cyl. (159HP/180 lb-ft.)

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
I wish I had a diesel

:thumbup:

"put another shrimp on the barbi" :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very cool truck! How weird that Toyota has a different truck in the same class for different countries. I wouldn't mind the diesel actually gas is way expensive here.

·
Registered
Paseo/Tacoma
379 Posts
Tacosmurf said:
Very cool truck! How weird that Toyota has a different truck in the same class for different countries. I wouldn't mind the diesel actually gas is way expensive here.
Where I live diesel is more expensive than gas, but then again diesel is also more efficient so it probably evens out

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
theflavor said:
Where I live diesel is more expensive than gas, but then again diesel is also more efficient so it probably evens out
You would think so but according to the Toyota Australia spec sheet the Hilux Diesel gets 8.5 L/100Km. That works out to just below 25 mpg.

So essentially the 4 cyl. here and the diesel over there are equals (similar power, torque and mpg). Since diesel fuel is just as expensive as regular petrol here you can see why Toyota hasn't bothered offering the diesel engine. Doesn't really make sense for Toyota... yet.

Wait until gasoline hits $4 a gallon. :sosad:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts