Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Closing in on a year with my USASpec PAToy, and for the most part it's been working fine.

The plug for my iPod cable (that connects to the iPod on one end, the USASpec on the other) is a little tricky at times. Sometimes It'll cut out one channel, or both. Usually I just need to wiggle the plug for both R and L channels to come on.

Anyone else have this problem?

Also have trouble with being able to select CD1 for the iPod. Not sure what is causing that, but if I cycle through my sources on my stereo, and fiddle with the iPod I can get it working.

This is more trouble than I'd prefer, but at least 9/10 times I can get it working.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
Not a single problem with mine. Had it for about 6 or 7 months I think.

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
i have the USA SPEC DF-TOY and mine is doing very well. i just need a new MP3 player now, my old samsung yepp is obsolete.

·
TN ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
2006 Tundra 4X4
148 Posts
yup....same here, no problems.....its a great product.....easy to install...a bit expensive, but worth it :thumbup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
4.5 stars out of 5....

Installed it a month ago.

Overall, it works great.

My only callout is my wheel works a bit slower when plugged in my usa spec. There is a slight time going from song to song, finding a playlist or an album.

·
Unleashed....
2005 Tacoma V6
212 Posts
it still works :thumbup:

·
Call me Nate
2005 Tacoma DC TRD S
584 Posts
PDXJoe said:
Closing in on a year with my USASpec PAToy, and for the most part it's been working fine.

The plug for my iPod cable (that connects to the iPod on one end, the USASpec on the other) is a little tricky at times. Sometimes It'll cut out one channel, or both. Usually I just need to wiggle the plug for both R and L channels to come on.

Anyone else have this problem?

Also have trouble with being able to select CD1 for the iPod. Not sure what is causing that, but if I cycle through my sources on my stereo, and fiddle with the iPod I can get it working.

This is more trouble than I'd prefer, but at least 9/10 times I can get it working.
Once I've turned the truck off and back on, I can't cycle past CD to get to CD 6-1. I have to reach into my glove box, unplug the blue headunit cable, reinsert it, then select CD 6-1 again. I have to do this everytime I go anywhere. It's not a BIG deal, but I'd like it to do what it's supposed to. I tried emailing USA Spec, but no response. :dunno:

·
Registered
20 Posts
AdrenaliNate said:
Once I've turned the truck off and back on, I can't cycle past CD to get to CD 6-1. I have to reach into my glove box, unplug the blue headunit cable, reinsert it, then select CD 6-1 again. I have to do this everytime I go anywhere. It's not a BIG deal, but I'd like it to do what it's supposed to. I tried emailing USA Spec, but no response. :dunno:

What if you try using the up/down track controls on the factory unit? that might take you back to cd 6-1. it worked for me.

·
Hakuna Matatta, bitches!
Black 07 Tacoma
61 Posts
Mine survived an accident in my 2005, so I pulled it out and installed it in my 2007, and I've had no problems with it. I didn't have a CD changer in the '05, but I do in the '07. Works with both setups. Great little $69 investment.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AdrenaliNate said:
That's similar to the problem I've had, except when I went from ACC to ignition I couldn't get to CD1. I started waiting until I start up the truck before I plug in the iPod, and it seems to select CD1 with less of a problem.

Another thing is the iPod sometimes reboots or doesn't set itself to pause after I plug it in. I think these might have more to do with the software (or corrupted music files), so I'm going to update and reinstall my music.

All in all, it's served me well except for these nitpicks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My first one burst into flames as soon as I plugged it in. Took it back to Circuit City, and installed another one which has worked great for the last 14 months now. Only one minor problem with the second one: happened two months ago, couldn't select CD 6-1 or 6-2, but unplugging the cable and replugging it fixed the problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts