Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone how toyota limited the hp on the gen3's its different from 94-95 and than goes back up in 96. Did they do that with headers?

camry 96
304 Posts
i heard that hp goes back down in 96 because thats what i have.
by the way u have a weapon-r dragon intake how do u like it

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the weapon-r i really like it. its nice on take off it emits a low real low growl like a v-8 and than becomes loud and really smooth powerful sound. You def feel a kick right when it hits 4000 rpms. Overall i say that its worth the investment. Anyways in 96 the hp goes back up but in 95 it was decreased to 125 but im not sure why.

camry 96
304 Posts
u said that u lost low end torque tho right
or did it just stay the same

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you lose a little low-end torque im not sure why. Im hoping that with the shield you don't. But you gain everything back and the intake outperforms alot of CAI intakes so its up to you. Im hoping that with an exhaust and maybe headers that everything will even itself out on the dyno.

camry 96
304 Posts
how much did u pay for it

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I payed around a 100 for everything.

camry 96
304 Posts
where

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A place called blue magic in mass. they have really good prices. But i know you can get it for around 120 from some other places.

camry 96
304 Posts
yeah ive seen it for that much.
was it hard installin

camry 96
304 Posts
u have a shield right where could i get one of those
theres no place local

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No not at all. The instructions are horrible but all you have to do is remove the stock one with the airbox and all that. Then you take the rubber hose off the stock one and put the weapon-r on. First you attatch the rubber piece that becomes bigger i think its 3" - 2 1/2" than you attach the pipe and connect the rubber hose to the nipple on the tube. Next take the 3"-3" and connect that to the filter. Make sure you put the hose clamps on though. Next take the long thin metal piece and mount it to one of the holes where the stock airbox was and bend it into shape. Make sure that you get it under one of the rings first though. Than connect the air sensor turn the key and let the car rev!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just buy it offline somewhere. Its cheap enough so that a couple of dollars won't make much of a difference. On the weapon-r site its around 30 something.

camry 96
304 Posts
hey man thanks a lot srry i couldnt help u but ill try to find somthin out

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its all good ill prolly talk to some mechanic about it or just try to figure out myself. Hey good luck with everything if ya want help with anything im me or send a pm. Thx l8r.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I found this website that explains the drop in power<a href="http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2105">Click
here</a

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey thanks but i can't get to it maybe its just the link ill try tommorow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts