Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
not noob
93 Corolla DX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys its me =] long time to come on form lol anywho my cusin has en tercel and his engine blew so i suggested him a 4AGE engine and he asked me how much HP does it has which i dunno so im asking you guys lol please respond asap please =]

·
The TN Member
ae101 levin&trueno
1,273 Posts
Dr Tweak said:
The silvertop has about 160 and the blacktop has about 170.

-Doc
but 145 ~ 155 is more realistic, toyota got a bit carried away.

·
The Mad Scientist
Lexus GS300
849 Posts
punter said:
but 145 ~ 155 is more realistic, toyota got a bit carried away.
145 is 15 hp different from 160. A decent temperature and/or altitude difference more than explains any variation. Dyno a car a 5,000 ft about sea level in 80* weather, and dyno the same car at sea level in 60* degree weather, and you're going to see a MAJOR difference.

-Doc

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Most dynos have calibration for altitude / temperature, so the end result would be the same.
I think its more like marketing from toyota that made the numbers better.:cool:

·
The Mad Scientist
Lexus GS300
849 Posts
Flashmn said:
Most dynos have calibration for altitude / temperature, so the end result would be the same.
I think its more like marketing from toyota that made the numbers better.:cool:

If you trust that :)

But yeah, that happens too. Just look at the RX8!!!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
DAMN, WON'T THIS QUESTION EVER BE SEARCHED? and after this long how do people STILL have the numbers wrong? lol

& yes, dyno's have calibration for altitude & temperature.... and generally also a barometer measure as well.... it's crucial for tuning the vehicle correctly

as for 4age numbers....

early bigport 4age (85/86 & 87 ae86/ae82): 115hp
later bigport 4age (87-89, though late 89's are a little weird): 112hp
smallport 4age: 130hp (kinda depends on what electronics it's running on, though)
silvertop 20V: 160hp
blacktop 20V: 170hp
early 4agze: 145hp
later 4agze: 160-170hp

now, these are the numbers toyota claimed.

The 16V's generally (if in great running order) generally put out around 95-110whp in stock trim (been prove by many). The silvertop 20V kinda falls on it's face and generally dyno's at around 115-130whp. The blacktops have been known to rate better, around 140-155whp.

The gze's.... that all depends on the condition of the motor & sc12 (and the boost pressure). Many stock aw16 (aw11 s/c's) put out around 125-135whp (but make quite a bit more torque than any/all of the 4age's)... the later models seem to vary greatly, and the electronics have a huge impact. Apparently the later gze's have a 'bump' of power in the rpm's when running on stock ecu's that nobody knows how to get around (poor placement of the knock sensor and a vibrating sc12...)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts