Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Corolla - 1999 VE
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm new. just got my used 1999 corolla ve about a month ago. what can i do (that's legal..yeah i know..lame..but my pops..) to increase hp and torque?

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
A supercharger should be around 3000 give or take 500 bucks.

It is considered "bolt - on" so it is relitively easy. Should take you about a day though since you don't really know how to do it.

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
CamNub said:
CAI (cold air intake), Short Ram Intake, supercharger, turbo....
They're all legal.
CAI and Short Rams are not legal, there is no such thing as a 50 state legal aftermarket intake system.

well to be safe, someone jog my memory :)

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
^Yah that is true but another thing is that when they do emissions they don't check your engine do they? Its just what comes out from back and I don't think a CAI can affect the smog stuff that much...

As to how much increase for a s/c? I'd say at least 75 hp.

·
Registered
147 Posts
WhiteR said:
CAI and Short Rams are not legal, there is no such thing as a 50 state legal aftermarket intake system.

well to be safe, someone jog my memory :)
Depends entirely on the intake. Some CAI's, short rams, and headers have exemption stickers that can make them 50 state legal or legal in certain states (even California). Here in CA you won't be "tamper failed" if you can produce a CARB exemption number for an aftermarket intake or exhaust item.

The only thing that is absolutely illegal at all times everywhere is removing the car's emissions control system (which is federally mandated).

In addition to which, most smog places don't give a crap as long as the check engine light isn't on, and all the sensors are hooked up properly.

- john

1 - 10 of 10 Posts