Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im a newbie,
And I need some helpful tips please!!!!
I bought my car ages ago back in june 2003 ( toyota camry, 1987)
The problem is, I bought it from a dealer and I think he was a bad dealer really, everything was fine up until march this year (04). First of all, my boot leaks like crazy its coming in somewhere near the right rear passenger seatbelt the only reason I know this is from people getting in my car and complaing that the belt is wet its not just a little damp but its drenched and it does wet peoples clothes...
But now I have begun to notice a swimming pool appearing in the front drivers side floor, could this be just a window left open? or seals no longer being sealed?
Help is needed before I own a swimming pool instead of a car:confused:

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
first thing you need to do is get under the car and remove the body plugs
get the water out
then start looking for the leak
you'll have a pile of rust soon if not

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the boots plugs are out, I took them out ages ago, and sprayed the car with some rust stopper stuff. How ebver Im not totally sure where the *^&)# if there are any, plugs are near the drivers place, are there any? I need to borrow my mates car ramps tomorrow if Im gunna get under there but would be a great help if i knew where to look straight off.

thanks for the quick reply though :)

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
yes, there are plugs at all the lowest spots, all 4 foot areas
actually you can just reach under and pop them, no need for ramps
push them into the car, just to let the water out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha Thanks! saves me digging around a lot! heh, I need the ramps anyways, Im looking into my muffler looking for a hole,
which makes my little camry make VERY LOUD broom noises, compared to its old no noise factor, it seriously sounds like the car has taken drugs or something strange, its funny but Ive decided that it cant be good for the car at all. so I really dunno what to do about that whats teh average cost for a new exhaust muffler sorta thing?

(it was broken by having a rather large lady in the back of the car, and the driver not paying enough attention and reversing into a curb)...... (dont ask) :p

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
I know prices here, but that wouldn't help you. Considering we don't even use the same money, ya know?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, opps blonde moment!
ahh wells! any ideas, where I should look and enquire anyway? website wise might be good, but yeh if not its cool!

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Look at the rubber seals around the boot (trunk) lid. Then taillights and around the wheel wells.
Don't give up. Stretch the seat belt all the way out when you are drying it out or you may get molds spots that are yuck.
Happy hunting.

·
Super Lurker
260 Posts
On the bright side, you can have a mobile pool party :D

Make sure your window molding is all fine. Like amerikim suggested, I would definitely check the seal around the trunk as well.

-xtychx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, Thanks for suggestions and consider them done.
hehe Im looking forward to a afternoon under my car, checking everything out! :)
Thanks guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts