Toyota Nation Forum banner

HUB-CENTRIC RINGS???

775 Views 33 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Apex Camry
Hey Camry Nation! Got a question for you all. Hope someone can help.
I bought TRD rims for my 2020 Camry XSE V6. Had them put on the car and now there is a definite vibration through the car.
You can feel it from 35mph on up.
Brought it back to the tire shop that mounted and balanced the rims. Had them check and re-balance the rims.
Same thing. Vibration all through the car. Not just the front or back.
Then I was told that some wheels require "Hub-centric rings" which kinda act as a spacer which takes out the vibration.
Is this really 'a Thing' ??

Do TRD wheels for Camrys require this?
If so, does anyone know the part number???

Thanks so much.
JGB
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your input.
The tires that are on the rims are brand new Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's.
I'll have someone else check for a bent rim and re-check the balancing but could it possibly be the lug nuts (Black Pvd-Pack of 6 - Toyota (PT076-60200-02)) ??

2020 Lexus ES 350 F-Sport
4,201 Posts
Might be the tires. I would get a warranty exchange on the tires. I got Michelin Primacy MXM4 from costco and after a week i started feeling vibrations while driving and braking. I rotated the front tires to the back and the vibrations started happening in the rear. So, I went back to costco and did a warranty exchange on the back tires. No more vibrations.

Have them put on new tires and check if the vibrations are still there.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As I noted earlier, the lug nuts are (Black Pvd-Pack of 6 - Toyota (PT076-60200-02). I got these after the general consensus here on the forum said these are the TRD lug nuts. Yes, I believe they are mag-seat with built in washers.
Does anyone know if Toyota puts hub-centric rings on the TRD Camry for those wheels?? Is there a part number? I'm still researching.
Thanks to all.

· Registered
827 Posts
As I noted earlier, the lug nuts are (Black Pvd-Pack of 6 - Toyota (PT076-60200-02). I got these after the general consensus here on the forum said these are the TRD lug nuts. Yes, I believe they are mag-seat with built in washers.
Does anyone know if Toyota puts hub-centric rings on the TRD Camry for those wheels?? Is there a part number? I'm still researching.
Thanks to all.
Again no. Hub rings are for aftermarket wheels. If you got all the correct hardware from the seller, ie the lugs, and they aren't replicas, you should not have any issues. You either have an out of round tire which is seriously doubtful, or like has been said before it's a bent rim, which is totally believable. Either scenario the wheel will still balance unless, again as mentioned, you balance it on the vehicle, which is hard to find shops that have those machines anymore(still the best way to balance though). Take whatever corner is giving you the vibration and swap locations see if the vibration follows.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you "Vegas". I will check for the bent rim.
The vibration is uniform throughout the car ( not in the steering wheel, not in the brake pedal but in the seat. You feel it through your body. It starts at around 35-40mph. That's when you notice it. It does not get much stronger as you get up to 80mph. But it's "Very There". You just know something isn't right.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts