Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the HUD will display turn-by-turn navigation directions for the native Entune maps. Does the HUD also show directions if you're using Waze or Google Maps through Apple CarPlay?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I understand the HUD will display turn-by-turn navigation directions for the native Entune maps. Does the HUD also show directions if you're using Waze or Google Maps through Apple CarPlay?
I don't think so but that would be really useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love the turn-by-turn feature of HUD as it makes driving much safer. It is my hope that Toyota is more interested in the safety of the driver, than it is in the money they make from subscriptions to their own navigation system, and thus will find a way to make navigation apps such as Google Maps and Waze in Apple CarPlay a part of the HUD display.

·
1,611 Posts
I love the turn-by-turn feature of HUD as it makes driving much safer. It is my hope that Toyota is more interested in the safety of the driver, than it is in the money they make from subscriptions to their own navigation system, and thus will find a way to make navigation apps such as Google Maps and Waze in Apple CarPlay a part of the HUD display.
Honda does it with android auto. Ehh, after having the HUD for almost two years, I couldn't care less for it. I prefer voice navigation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts