Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
06 camry se
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i have an 06 camry SE.... as u may kno the SE models have an orange lit instument cluster and clock.... some have orange lit HVAC controls and some have green

the color cordination is horrible!!!!:headbang: who thought orange and green go together?

anyways there are inserts (showing fan speed ect.) that pop out if you take off the faceplate.... does anyone kno where i can get the orange colored inserts off an SE or the ones off a solara (theyre silver with i think green backlighting)?

i went to the dealer and they said they dont come seperate

also does anyone kno wut type of bulb is used for the HVAC controls? if i cant get new inserts i want to get LEDs in there.... i took one out and it measures 1mm and has an x on the bottom with two metal strips on the side for power

thanks!!!

·
Registered
06 camry se
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea ive been on superbrightLEDs before but they dont have the ones small enough for my application

·
Registered
06 camry se
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey everyone after looking around on SBLEDs i found the right bulbs :)

if anyone is wondering they are neo-wedge 4 bulbs

theyre very cheap so I'll get a few different colors to see which looks best

im guessing noone knows where i can get new inserts....... the dealer told me i have to buy the whole unit and is over 700 bucks so o well

·
Registered
06 camry se
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got the new LED's in the mail will post pics later if i can figure out how lol

·
Registered
06 camry se
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
after a bit of tinkering and cursing i got the LEDs in... they look pretty good..... most people wouldnt notice the color change but the shade of green is a bit lighter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts