Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have checked OBD fuse under the instrument panel and found it is good. Can't think of anything that could cause OBD port with no power. Any other place I need to check?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my wifes 07 Camry Hybrid. Mine problem started while replacing the battery pack I grounded the black wire on top of the battery pack and tried to start the car. I'm told that black wire is actually the positive to the 12V battery. Now I just get a Check Hybrid Battery on the dash and no readout from the OBDII connector. I'm going to replace the blue Fusible Block on the left in your picture p/n 82620-07050. It comes out by removing the nut on the right of it and there's 2 tabs or tits on the blue fuse itself that lock it in place about 1 inch from each end (between the 2 blue fusible blocks) and one on the top looking at your picture which you can see with a flashlight. I used 3 really small flat blades and a pair of pliers. It takes a little more force than one would think but when it comes out prepare for the screwdrivers to go flying! Let me know if you make any progress and I'll let you know where replacing that fusible block takes me.
Thanks and good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you guys for the help. I was able to remove both blue fuse links and found both of them had a burn out. It was not easy job to pull them out because of tight space and 3 screws that I have to remove instead of 2, which holds down the 82620-33030. I ordered the replacement parts from amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my wifes 07 Camry Hybrid. Mine problem started while replacing the battery pack I grounded the black wire on top of the battery pack and tried to start the car. I'm told that black wire is actually the positive to the 12V battery. Now I just get a Check Hybrid Battery on the dash and no readout from the OBDII connector. I'm going to replace the blue Fusible Block on the left in your picture p/n 82620-07050. It comes out by removing the nut on the right of it and there's 2 tabs or tits on the blue fuse itself that lock it in place about 1 inch from each end (between the 2 blue fusible blocks) and one on the top looking at your picture which you can see with a flashlight. I used 3 really small flat blades and a pair of pliers. It takes a little more force than one would think but when it comes out prepare for the screwdrivers to go flying! Let me know if you make any progress and I'll let you know where replacing that fusible block takes me.
Thanks and good luck!
golfeus: before you start removing the blue fuse link, there is a obd fuse under instrument panel you may want to check first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you guys for the help. I was able to remove both blue fuse links and found both of them had a burn out. It was not easy job to pull them out because of tight space and 3 screws that I have to remove instead of 2, which holds down the 82620-33030. I ordered the replacement parts from amazon.

161 - 180 of 198 Posts