Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-I am moving to anchorage with a 2007 highlander hybrid and will be storing my car in a lightly (if at all) heated garage and will have to leave it for long periods of time. I know to unhook the auxiliary battery during those periods but does anybody know if the cold will adversely affect the hybrid battery during those spells? I will be able to have it started maybe every 6 weeks or so-does anyone have any information? Thx in advance

·
6,658 Posts
Ahem, who exactly told you to unhook "auxiliary" battery for storage? You realize, it's back up power for all the computers in the car? 12V I mean...

Put a trickle charger onto 12V. That's what you do. Do not disconnect anything.

I hate to do this to you, but your have to run that car for at least 30 min at least every 3-4 weeks. This has been discussed beyond any further need in TCH forum. Some folks say they had car stowed for 3-4 months and is started right away, but they likely were from Florida or else south. To keep it on the safe side, have someone come over every about 3rd week, start the car, run it till hybrid battery charges up. Maybe also invest into storage heater with temp sensor. I have one that turns on at preset temperature.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts