Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a a new Camry Hybrid and love the car. I am missing the Consumption screen and the Energy screen on the Nav system. There is no "Trip Information" Icon on the Info screen at all. I went to the dealer and he says the those screens are not available in Canada. They brought the car from Toronto and then added the Nav system. I think they missed hooking up the trip computer some where. Anyone else have a Hybrid in Canada with a Nav system. Do you have these screens? Any Info would great .

·
Registered
2015 TCH XLE
15 Posts
SAVNERTH said:
I just bought a a new Camry Hybrid and love the car. I am missing the Consumption screen and the Energy screen on the Nav system. There is no "Trip Information" Icon on the Info screen at all. I went to the dealer and he says the those screens are not available in Canada. They brought the car from Toronto and then added the Nav system. I think they missed hooking up the trip computer some where. Anyone else have a Hybrid in Canada with a Nav system. Do you have these screens? Any Info would great .

Same story here in Calgary. No "Trip information", "Consumption screen" or "Energy Screen" dealer said the same thing "not available in Canada".

I think what we have is a Nav system designed for the XLE it just happens to fit the TCH.

To add insult to injury did you get a manual that is actually for a Lexus with a couple of Toyota stickers in it?

To the best of my knowledge no-one who purchased a Canadian TCH with Nav has those screens and Toyota Canada seems disintersted in providing them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
SAVNERTH...

Same here as well, and as Hangman indicates, unfortunatly it doesn't seem as simple as a couple of wires not connected, but a different unit.

I still have to fight with my dealer, as they said it would appear. (They thought because the screens do appear when adding a Nav into the Highlander, it would be the same with the Camry).

I feel your pain. The real reason I added mine is for the energy screen, and checked 3 times before I ordered it.

Later!

Dang

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Disappointment lingers

Dang1

Exactly. I paid the extra money because the system is integrated with the Hybrid. If I only wanted a Nav system I could have gone aftermarket for a lot less money.

Where is the best place to voice our complaints, and maybe get a little satisfaction on this issue?

·
Registered
2015 TCH XLE
15 Posts
SAVNERTH said:
Where is the best place to voice our complaints, and maybe get a little satisfaction on this issue?
I haven't written my letter yet but here is where it is going when I do.:mad:

Toyota Canda Inc.
One Toyota Place,
Scarborough, ON
M1H 1H9

Att'n: Mr Ken Tomikawa (President)

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
2021 Venza XLE, 2018 Prius Prime Advanced
586 Posts
I sounds like one of two scenarios are occuring if you do not get a factory installed NAV.
1) The dealers are installing the non-hybrid navigation system (eg the one installed on the XLEs) which do not have the consumption/energy screens.
2) The TCHs that come from the factory without NAV installed do not have the proper sensors/ECUs to support the energy/consumption screens on a dealer installed NAV.

If either of these are happening you might be screwed.

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
Wow.. this is weird. Honestly, the Energy Monitor and Consumption Screen help (I have a Prius if the screenname doesn't click in lol). You can really fine tune your driving with those two screens vs. the tiny ones in the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe all the needed sensors and the like are there. The Nav (the correct one I mean) gets data for the screen from the CAN buss, the same buss that feeds the small display in the cluster. When Toyota Canada installs the kit, they do not connect the CAN wires, but even if they did, the unit doesn't appear to know what to do with them. If you could get the correct unit, you may have to connect a couple of wires, but then it should work.

Later!

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Dang1

From a couple of other web sites it looks like all Canadian Nav systems in Camry's, are dealer installed. The only part number available to them are the same as XLE which does not have the Hybrid features. A couple of American vehicles which needed to have their systems replaced have the same problem. Don't know if we will ever rectify this. I will definitly send in my complaints to the address suggested. We were definitly mis-lead

Thanks for all your help Fellows

1 - 9 of 9 Posts