Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This problem just started yesterday. When ever i put the car in gear, the clutch pedal sticks to the floor. I have to physically force it back up. No leaks in the clutchmaster cylinder. Fluid is really dirty, and on the low side. Possible that the clutch master cylinder is on its way out? air is the line? slave wanting to take a poop too?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
Your clutch master is out and either needs to be rebuilt or replaced. Slave is gonna go next.
I had the same exact problem. Clutch pedal would go to the floor and stay there till I grabbed it and pulled it back up.
It's possible that the fluid is so contaminated that a complete change might do the trick, but that's very iffy. I would just get a new clutchmaster and slave and not have to worry about it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my exact thoughts. thanks. parts were ordered yesterday, and should be here tomorrow, at 9 :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, got the cylinders in place. bleeding the system and alot of air is coming out. now that ive bled it for over 20 min, no pressure is building up in the pedal? fluid is coming out of the nipple, and hardly any air bubbles. help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a one way valve bleeder. im doing it by myself. whats the correct process to bleed the system? now that my brother is home, ill ask him to help me out.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
Fill the clutchmaster reservoir, pump the clutch, open bleeder nipple at slave until clutch pedal goes to the floor, then close nipple. repeat until you have fluid exiting bleed nipple, then lock it down. -Check reservoir frequently to make sure you don't run out of fluid ..Then repeat same method at clutchmaster .
It's repetitive process.When all air is evacuated from system, pedal should feel normal again.Make a visual inspection when complete to make sure the slave push rod is moving clutch lever when clutch pedal is depressed..
Have fun....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
well, ive given up for the night. 2 hours of nothing. fill, pump, release, and the pedal is in the same form as it was to begin with(to the floor with no resistance). Am i doing something wrong? does the car need to be turned on? should i get one of those pressure bleeders?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the pedal, when i installed the new clutch master cylinder had no pressure. it would just spring to the floor. after 2 hours, thats all its doing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes. actually, i didnt remove the old slave because it looked fine. no leaks whatsoever. only thing i replaced was the master. now i cant get any pressure/resistance out of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts