Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
poor college student
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was not a good response in the sales forum so i am posting here.

I am making custom speaker enclosures for subwoofers. If you have any interest, please PM me.

·
Registered
Highlander
1,764 Posts
Just some suggestions, recess the side panels so you can "tuck" the carpet around, so the uneven carpet cut will not be prevalent. Cut the hole a bit larger, so you can wrap the carpet from the cutout underneath, so when the subwoofer sits in, it would create a better seal. I'm not sure what type of sealant you're using, but make sure use enough of the good ones. Use a good amount of wood glue, as that's what holds the box together, not the nails or screws.

·
Registered
Highlander
1,764 Posts
Not all boxes need to be a wedge type. Sure, it may help with the phase cancellation of the waveform, but these are low frequency waveforms, with very large distance between nodes, so the likelihood of cancellation is very minimal and unlikely.

·
Got SQ?
802 Posts
Um you sealed the seams, are your cuts crooked? I need a box for 2.5 net tuned to 28hz, can you tell me what the gross size will be. slot ported of course. displacement is .9

·
Got SQ?
802 Posts
Shouldn't matter if I gave you my net specs, but its a ID Max V3 D4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.