Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out. My question is I do not have anywhere enough room to install the bolt from the front after I remove it, but I do have enough room to install it from the rear. Are there any detrimental effect of putting the bolt in from the rear of the truck as oppose to installing it from the rear of the truck. Any advice from someone who has installed UCAs would be great.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Come on guys I am on shop time right now, lol. I am concerned with putting the bolts in from rear to front because every installed pics of UCAs I have seen the bolt is installed from front to back. I just don't know how you can get room unless you lift the body up which would seem a little extreme to do for an installation that should on take 2 hours or so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You need to bend the lip of the fender well out (away fromt the engine). I used vice grips to do this. You also have to remove the battery and airbag sensor cables that are mounted to the fender well.

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
make sure you disconnect the battery before you do anything to the airbag wires. anything to do with SRS (such as air bags, seat belt pretensioners, etc...) should have bright yellow connectors and insulation. also, after you disconnect the battery, wait a while or turn the headlight switch on to drain any capacitors that might still be holding a charge. you DO NOT want to accidently deploy the airbags, and while the chances of it happening are slim, it's better to make it zero. :)

-Mike

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I was thinking. I mean I would rather put the bolt in the other direction rather than have to bend and pry stuff. I did finish the install I just put the bolt in the other direction. I am going to get it aligned tomorrow, right now it is waaaaaaaaay off.

·
Self Proclaimed Genius
762 Posts
You have to bend the fender in order to get that bolt in and out. Use some vice grips, it wont hurt anything. If you keep that bolt installed the opposite way, it's facing downward and in prime position to fall out if the nut were to ever work its way loose.....which they are known to do. Get it in the right way, hit it with some red locktite and keep your peace of mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts