Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Portholes are the Sh!t
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom has an '04 Sienna and just got a garrage door opener installed and I was trying to set up homelink to operate it. I read the manual did what it said (several times) and I couldn't get it to work. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
05 Tundra
191 Posts
I had to do my 06 twice to get it to work, however, with the van now programed we have to hold the button in about 2 full seconds & then the door goes up & or down. Darrin

·
Portholes are the Sh!t
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
burned300 said:
I had to do my 06 twice to get it to work, however, with the van now programed we have to hold the button in about 2 full seconds & then the door goes up & or down. Darrin
how did you get it to work I followed the instructions in the manual and it didn't work, the guy who installed it said we might have to call a toyota dealer to get it to work because they had been having problems getting homelink to work, I was hoping to avoid doing that.

·
Registered
05 Tundra
191 Posts
I have Genie openers, & plan on programing one of the other buttons for my door. I'll try to get to it tomorrow & see what happens. Darrin

·
Registered
05 Tundra
191 Posts
OK, I just programed my door to open w/wifes seinna homelink (we have two doors/ two openers w/revolving codes ) anyway, 1st I turned the power off to garage door. 2nd I put a new battery into my remote. 3 pressed the homelink button in until it started flashing & kept the homelink button pushed in & put my remote 1" from homelink & pressed the remote button until the homelink changed to a fast flashing ( takes about 30 seconds )then let go of both buttons. 4th turned power back on for opens, took light cover off to reveil "learn" button. press & let go of learn button, go back to van & press & release the programed homelink button two times ( maybe 3 ) & it should work Darrin

·
Registered
2002 Avalon XLS
3 Posts
I had no problem programming my 02 Avalon HomeLink. I am still trying to get my 07 Avalon HomeLink to work with the same opener.

·
Registered
2002 Avalon XLS
3 Posts
I turned off the garage door opener power then held the HomeLink button while cycling the door opener remote, 2 seconds on, 2 seconds off, repeated for about 30 seconds till the HomeLink program light started rapid flash. Success!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts