Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to get the 2jz pistons and rods, or pistons with forged rods to work in the 5sfe? I did search and got 5 thread results from 2jzgte pistons in the camry forum.

Thank You!

·
Turbo-Yota power
1,773 Posts
2jzgte and the 5sfe have two major compatibility problems first bore and stroke 86.0mm stroke 86.0 bore 2jzgte and for the 5sfe 87.0 91.0 2nd is the rod journals and bearing sizing much bigger on the 2jzgte.

·
camry Wookie
430 Posts
they also make 5sfe specific forged pistons and rods...something to look into. i think they're like 1100 bucks though.

·
Turbo-Yota power
1,773 Posts
gaak said:
they also make 5sfe specific forged pistons and rods...something to look into. i think they're like 1100 bucks though.
Worth it if you want to run mad boost..

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
gaak said:
Don't know where you got quoted, but I got quoted 1k for the rods (crower billet) and $560 for the pistons (ross forged)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
CrawlingEye said:
Don't know where you got quoted, but I got quoted 1k for the rods (crower billet) and $560 for the pistons (ross forged)
1K for rods is waaaaay to much.

From Crower's website:

Most popular Toyota makes (2JZ, 3TC, 3SGTE, 4AGZE, 7M/5M, 5SFE) are all shelf part numbers and typically in stock. Contact Crower Tech for more information, including availability. Custom 4340 steel billet rods run $177 per rod. Billet titanium rods run $465.75 per rod. Allow 10-12 weeks for delivery (50% deposit required

That would be $708 for the rods

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UfoZ8myCow said:
you guys pay too much...
please tell me why, cause i really need to find some prces on good internals.

·
camry Wookie
430 Posts
uuummmm yeah, only a moron or someone who goes broke would stop after doing just their internals....nothin personal to anyone who has done that, just my opinion on the matter, take it as you will. and the brand I saw was Wiseco pistons and i forget the rods, but it was a kit for somewhere in the area of 1100bucks for the rods pistons rings and hardware. not a bad kit i think...

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
luisitol said:
1K for rods is waaaaay to much.

From Crower's website:

Most popular Toyota makes (2JZ, 3TC, 3SGTE, 4AGZE, 7M/5M, 5SFE) are all shelf part numbers and typically in stock. Contact Crower Tech for more information, including availability. Custom 4340 steel billet rods run $177 per rod. Billet titanium rods run $465.75 per rod. Allow 10-12 weeks for delivery (50% deposit required

That would be $708 for the rods
Perhaps I got the price including the Pistons then, hrmm, maybe I'll contact the vendor again.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Polish your Stock Rods and Sand them Up and down and they will be as strong as any Forged Aftermarket set. (old Hot Rod Trick #105)

its rarly Published Given the fact that most Magazines like HotRod have about 9 difrent Piston/Rod Manufactures.

the only realy important thing is your pistons, thats where the money is best spent, if your not trying to make a 1000000 HP then polished and sanded stock rods are fine, but a good forged pistons is a solid invistment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts