Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey TN,
I'm a soon to be owner of a brand-new Blizzard Peal V6 AWD Toyota Venza (Navigation & JBL Package).

As with any new car, the list of features is endless and I'm sure the new Venza is no exception; are there any things you weren't aware your Venza could do?

SHARING IS CARING! :D

-J

P.S., are there any pet peeves anybody's got with their Venza yet?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey TN,
I'm a soon to be owner of a brand-new Blizzard Peal V6 AWD Toyota Venza (Navigation & JBL Package).

As with any new car, the list of features is endless and I'm sure the new Venza is no exception; are there any things you weren't aware your Venza could do?

-J

Now that I've had the car almost 3 months I feel the ride could be "less harsh". I do like the additional ground clearance (helps with speed bumps, raised sewer caps etc.) so maybe the higher stance affects the ride so I'll certainly live with it.

·
New to Toyota
5 Posts
Here's my Venza didn't-know-that list...(1) Event Data Recorder EDR - according to Page 511 of the Owner's Manual, the airbag sensor also tracks vehicle speed, engine speed, seatbelt use, brake use, etc... and in an accident, the data can possibly be shared with third parties. Sounds like a plane's black box. (2) Hill Assist Control HAC - pressing down on the brakes too hard can trigger the Slip Indicator light, and the Venza won't move for a few seconds. Didn't know that while I was in stop-and-go traffic, and must've been stressing over the traffic. Another post in this forum cleared this up for me. (3) Electric Power Steering EPS - this steering enhancement makes a whirring noise easily mistaken as a defect (at least by me). Page 230 assures me it isn't. (4) Power Back Door Switch & Power Door Off Switch - pressing the Off Switch while the Power Back Door is opening isn't a good idea. While the power door was in motion, pressing the Off Switch caused the door to shake until it fully opened. I mistook Off to mean Cancel, and in fact it isn't as described in Page 60. I am one month into my Venza, and have more to explore.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I also saw somewhere that the tire presure has a sensor to let you know when the Tire pressure is to low. I've only read up to page 15 on the manual.
Also I noticed the auto high beam cut off does it when your practically 40 feet away from an oncoming car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's my Venza didn't-know-that list...(1) Event Data Recorder EDR - according to Page 511 of the Owner's Manual, the airbag sensor also tracks vehicle speed, engine speed, seatbelt use, brake use, etc... and in an accident, the data can possibly be shared with third parties. Sounds like a plane's black box. (2) Hill Assist Control HAC - pressing down on the brakes too hard can trigger the Slip Indicator light, and the Venza won't move for a few seconds. Didn't know that while I was in stop-and-go traffic, and must've been stressing over the traffic. Another post in this forum cleared this up for me. (3) Electric Power Steering EPS - this steering enhancement makes a whirring noise easily mistaken as a defect (at least by me). Page 230 assures me it isn't. (4) Power Back Door Switch & Power Door Off Switch - pressing the Off Switch while the Power Back Door is opening isn't a good idea. While the power door was in motion, pressing the Off Switch caused the door to shake until it fully opened. I mistook Off to mean Cancel, and in fact it isn't as described in Page 60. I am one month into my Venza, and have more to explore.
LOL, I wonder if the black boxes can uncover the truth beneath those runaway Lexus incidents!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey TN,

-J

Hi Jordanski,
I also have a Venza Blizzard Pearl V6 awd , (no nav.) JBL package.
( JBL package sounds Great )
You will love it when you get it.
As explained in another thread , put a good coat of wax ASAP.
I have some small stains behind the front tire on passenger side:headbang: from road dirt .
I don't know if it is the same for fwd , but I noticed when I take my foot of the gas the transmission slows the vehicle down pretty quick.
Other than that ,I'm Pretty Happy with mine. ;)
Good luck and Happy driving with your new Venza.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Has anyone noticed and tell me why when you open the front doors and look where the hinges are you can see solid pieces of gray hard foam? I touched it and it moves. I guess this is sound proofing?? I noticed on other types of cars like my wifes Avalon there is a solid piece of metal there. Looks very unfinished to me. Any Toyota reps here that can answer this please?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone noticed and tell me why when you open the front doors and look where the hinges are you can see solid pieces of gray hard foam? I touched it and it moves. I guess this is sound proofing?? I noticed on other types of cars like my wifes Avalon there is a solid piece of metal there. Looks very unfinished to me. Any Toyota reps here that can answer this please?
Don't get me wrong, I'm no Toyota rep but that's most likely got to to be soundproofing/weatherproofing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So far, after 5 days, I didnt know my Venza...

has Homelink for 3 different garages (although I can't even program ONE...have to see if my garage opener is of a the rolling code variety)

has the same engine as the 2010 RX350 (with similar HP/torque) but can use regular gas instead of premium AND deliver better mileage :thumbsup:

has a 90(?) day trail period for satellite radio -- but the preview channels seem kinda limited

does not have buttons on the right side of the steer wheel (i could've sworn the V6 tester we drove had buttons on both left & right of the steering wheel)

·
Registered
576 Posts
The Venza Homelink can handle rolling code and fixed code remotes. It's smart enough to know the difference.

XM trial limited channels? I think my trial has just about ALL the XM channels.

Down here in the states all the BlueTooth/Voice Recognition phone buttons are on the right side of the steering wheel.

The Lexus RX can run on regular fuel. I'd bet the majority of owners do. There is a slight performance hit but not much.

·
Registered
311 Posts
does not have buttons on the right side of the steer wheel (i could've sworn the V6 tester we drove had buttons on both left & right of the steering wheel)
I am pretty sure I saw buttons on both sides. I looked for a pic and found this:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am pretty sure I saw buttons on both sides. I looked for a pic and found this:

Yup...i guess only the fully loaded cars w/ NAV get the buttons on both sides (and US models?)

For Homelink, I have to open up my garage door opener and press the "LEARN" button while i program the car...still havent done that yet!

·
Registered
576 Posts
For Homelink, I have to open up my garage door opener and press the "LEARN" button while i program the car...still havent done that yet!
No NAV here but have the BT buttons on the right side.

Homelink you pair the remote to the car first (hold the home link button until it starts blinking) then hold remote close to the homelink buttons and while still holding the home light (blinking) press button the remote until the homelink led blinks rapidly.
THEN
Press LEARN on your garage door opener and within 30 seconds press the home link button you just paired/programmed and you're done.

I programmed the homelink button for my dad's opener and didn't have the door opener LEARN the homelink until several weeks later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts