Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah..comparing numbers against Mao's results makes me kinda disappointed :(

I actually got 177hp initially before Jim of Exotic Touch Design did a quick adjustment of my SAFC for a couple of runs and the end result was 189.9hp . Oh well, all and all I'm content. Maybe when I have more time, I'll go back and spend some more time tuning.

·
Boro Box Pilot
3,466 Posts
phi's car has got bawlz......he's got 3 digits and he's nearing 200 :eek:

G

·
Nice numbers. If you're disappointed, look at it this way: It's better now than before the s/c, and me and others are jealous that you got blown before us :p

As for upgrading the pulley...Why not?

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Warped said:
Nice numbers. If you're disappointed, look at it this way: It's better now than before the s/c, and me and others are jealous that you got blown before us :p

Don't get me wrong, I'm having a hell of a fun time with the blower. I'm only disappointed compared to Mao's numbers. So far, I'm making 15hp less than him with identical set up. I could understand a diff. of a cpl hp, but 15!?!? Maybe some more dyno tuning time needs to be booked. Maybe it's the weather :confused:

As for upgrading the pulley...Why not?
I can't afford to risk blowing knock sensors. Time will tell ;)

·
The terrorist
1990 Corolla SR5
3,058 Posts
Phi have you dynoed the cam before the s/c? And by the way your readings are pretty good, but if you do unpgrade you pulley you'll probably see a big difference...

Good luck, not bad for an auto Camry... :)

·
The terrorist
1990 Corolla SR5
3,058 Posts
The pics are good and clear Phi..

Over 40Hp increase and 20 something torque and you say you don't feel the difference? Are you Ok Phi! Maybe you should and get yourself checked!

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^

you know what my theory is...I think the ECU was adjusting to the SC when I initially installed it. As time went on, it probably gradually "learned" thus not giving me the jolt of pwr I was expecting.

Another possibility could be the fact that I never actually floored my car stock and so I never had anything to compare against.

The increase of 10hp from the S-AFC was instantly noticable though, so my ass-dyno is ah-ok :D

·
The terrorist
1990 Corolla SR5
3,058 Posts
Dude without a Dyno! Your car pulled amazingly the other day when I was with you... You should be happy with the power you have now, and if you're not! that pulley should do the job for you....

·
The terrorist
1990 Corolla SR5
3,058 Posts
none taken, but you have gone the smart way and balanced looks and performance, which is something none of us has managed to yet!!! So congratulations and my hat's off to you Mr. Phi....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.