Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Druken Postwhore
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed I failed :mad:

for 40km,
HC: limit: 86, reading:291
co%: limit: 0.48, reading: 2.10

for idle,
HC: limit: 200, reading: 608.....:eek:
co%: limit: 1.00, reading: 6.45....:eek:

:hammer: :hammer:

blah....time to check vacuum, plugs, airfilter etc etc :(

·
TN Pussy Man
13,302 Posts
damn......ummm......can you actually pull this off? those numbers seem pretty high?? :confused:

·
Resident asshole
9,552 Posts
Heck no, he should find whats wrong. Those readings indicate something really bad is wrong, I wouldnt know what though.

·
Druken Postwhore
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
of course im gonna fix it!.....too much fuel,and i can't afford loosing alll this...

gonna do the right thing and going to T-LEX

·
Boro Box Pilot
3,466 Posts
TRDragoon said:

sorry mang, thatshiets not for me, me wantmy car to run healthy:rolleyes:
fuck you :p

fake etest...u know u need one. the $ u spend fixing is going to cost more than the etest.

there probably isnt anything to fix but the cat. u got new o2...so what else could it be :p

wahaha

·
Druken Postwhore
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i knopw its not the cat since i already checked the condition of it b4 installing.... it could be a faulty o2 sence it was used b4.... but so far, i think its the EGR system....either one of the vacuum hose is clogged.... the plugs look ok.....i'll switch them tonite and see...

·
Boro Box Pilot
3,466 Posts
TRDragoon said:
i knopw its not the cat since i already checked the condition of it b4 installing.... it could be a faulty o2 sence it was used b4.... but so far, i think its the EGR system....either one of the vacuum hose is clogged.... the plugs look ok.....i'll switch them tonite and see...
i dont see how a faulty egr system can account for such shitty ass emissions...yikes

·
Druken Postwhore
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
boroEF said:

i dont see how a faulty egr system can account for such shitty ass emissions...yikes
EGR are very important....exhaust gas recirculation, there for, the un burnt HC, goes back to the intake (by PCV valve) then burn off again...this effect on idle and cruising and de accelerating....so if its not working, im running rich all the time...

·
Registered
100 Posts
pay for emission

If you know people who do emission with no look why dont you just do that. I heard that it cost like a $100 to $200 cdn. Its just a suggestion. Coz when I got my car late last year I failed emission 3 times till I almost give up on it. I put some emission reducer or some stuff that you can buy from canadian tire. My safety I paid for it for a $100.00. But luckily after spending some but of money for those fluids I roughly pass emission.

Later,
Kristoffer

·
TN Track day addict
2,541 Posts
boroEF said:

fuck you :p

fake etest...u know u need one. the $ u spend fixing is going to cost more than the etest.

there probably isnt anything to fix but the cat. u got new o2...so what else could it be :p

wahaha
having no cat doens't foul up your hydrocarbon count nor does it spike the carbon monoxide either.

no cat increases the nitrogen oxide conc'n a LOT tho.

so it's something else and not the cat

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
21 Participants
TRDragoon
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing