yep i finally got it done...here are the pictures

and the shifter red...(pic is blurry)

thanks for everybody's input and information before i did the install

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
looking pretty tight

yea i guess your technically not stock anymore, haha, id consider not being stock by something you do to the engine or something related to the engine.

·
Lex ES330
42 Posts
looks great...

did you find that you had to trim the gauges for the temp and fuel? I had to trim mine... also, I did not use enough double-sided tape so I think the needle is htting the whiteface and getting stuck...

How about you?

BTW, yours looks awesome. I also replaced the bulbs in the cluster with red ones.

Thanks,
maneesh

·
Mighty Flying Family Sedn
Camry
510 Posts
Nice job!!~

the white during the day is pretty cool.... but i think the blue lighting might be annoying during the nighttime.

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maneesh said:
looks great...

did you find that you had to trim the gauges for the temp and fuel? I had to trim mine... also, I did not use enough double-sided tape so I think the needle is htting the whiteface and getting stuck...

How about you?

BTW, yours looks awesome. I also replaced the bulbs in the cluster with red ones.

Thanks,
maneesh
same exact thing happened to me...i had to take it off the next day and retape the tach and the speedo......on my way to school.....the speedo wouldnt go past 50 and the speed limit was 60 so i was had to pace myself with traffic...on the way home the tach wouldnt move at all and the speedo wouldnt go past 40...i retaped it all though...and it works fine.....

WARNING to anybody installing gauges make sure you use alot of tape so you dont have to take apart the dash again....

maneesh said:

the white during the day is pretty cool.... but i think the blue lighting might be annoying during the nighttime.
its not that bad at night...you get used to it really quick when you see how beautiful it looks...

:cool:

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maneesh said:
going to get some 3M tape.... to use to install the gaugues...
i used scotch photo tape...it worked well and easy to work with

·
Lex ES330
42 Posts
stock93cam,

did you have to trim the temp and fuel gauges? I had to trim mine for some reason so that they fit in the well. And during this process, I had to trim some of the light-blue light. I don't see the light-blue light in yours either.

TIA,
maneesh

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
nice:thumbup: but i got a question...is there just big openings where the warning and indicator lights are? cause i don't have that on mine

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
maneesh said:
stock93cam,

did you have to trim the temp and fuel gauges? I had to trim mine for some reason so that they fit in the well. And during this process, I had to trim some of the light-blue light. I don't see the light-blue light in yours either.

TIA,
maneesh
yeah i had to trim the temp and fuel gauges but there were no lights over there...it was just clear plastic

2wickedtoyz said:

nice but i got a question...is there just big openings where the warning and indicator lights are? cause i don't have that on mine
yeah there is on the tach at the bottom there is a space and on the temp and gas gauge...there arent holes...just clear spaces for the lights to shine through

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
hmmm? mine has the actual lettering and what not :confused: oh well i'll just rip the back out:D

it look nice:thumbup: but your air bag light is on ;)

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2wickedtoyz said:
hmmm? mine has the actual lettering and what not :confused: oh well i'll just rip the back out:D

it look nice:thumbup: but your air bag light is on ;)
lol yeah the airbag light is starting to annoy me and i dotn understand that thread about turning it off...ill have to read it again later

·
Registered
28 Posts
yo..
what kind of adhesive did you use

i used 3M's double sided adhesive foam tape but it is too thick..
where can you find what you used..

also, how can you take the airbag light off without taking out the bulb? coz mine just stays on now after i did everything?

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
i see your air bag light came on jus like mine:D :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts