Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently Camry drivers in general are treated like milktoast. I have never been cut off so often and other dangerous things in my life. Well, my cargo van at first until I put some dents into it but I don't plan on that as a solution.

Just today someone in an opposing 4 way stop just rolled through. Nothing to worry, granny in her Camry (I'm a guy but I think that's everyone elses visual) will take hours to come up to speed.

Then I had to emergency break when a truck cut me off on a major road. He right turned to get in front of me, I had to hit the breaks and then left turned immediately all without signals but that goes without saying.

Should I start driving more wimpy so these illegals can have their expectations matched? Or maybe some of those stick on bullet holes.

I think after a few more miles I'm going to start exaggerating my emergency reactions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Apparently Camry drivers in general are treated like milktoast. I have never been cut off so often and other dangerous things in my life. Well, my cargo van at first until I put some dents into it but I don't plan on that as a solution.

Just today someone in an opposing 4 way stop just rolled through. Nothing to worry, granny in her Camry (I'm a guy but I think that's everyone elses visual) will take hours to come up to speed.

Then I had to emergency break when a truck cut me off on a major road. He right turned to get in front of me, I had to hit the breaks and then left turned immediately all without signals but that goes without saying.

Should I start driving more wimpy so these illegals can have their expectations matched? Or maybe some of those stick on bullet holes.

I think after a few more miles I'm going to start exaggerating my emergency reactions.
Don't sweat it, it's not the vehicle you drive, it's just all the idiots behind the wheel. Don't let them convince you to second guess your ride. The new Camry is awesome in my humble opinion. If I had to choose a mid size car again, I would go with the Camry with no hesitation. It's not perfect, but what car is.....

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, this unlucky person got nailed: 375 miles, and some dumb a$$ hit me.

I wish I had missiles on my car to launch at the idiots who insist on tailgating me in bumper-to-bumper traffic.
Well we must look trustworthy. They trust me to slam on the breaks instead of letting them have it (of course that truck would have been a rear end collision therefore my fault) and they trust that you won't slam on your breaks.

I will take my foot off the accelerator if people are too close. Once in a zillion I'll put on a turn signal just because.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
could be your driving. Weak driver always get cut off.
It would be interesting to know how you define weak driver.

There are plenty of :fuckyou:'ing stupid drivers out there who seem to have no clue about the laws of physics involved in slowing down a car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I also noticed that the more "aggressive" (not "illegal") you drive, the more most folks will back away from you. In my town, no one respects the stop sign. As far as street rep goes, most people "baulk" at the camry until they actually experience it (see it, ride in it, etc). To be honest, most cars look the same now a days. Even my mom said (weeks after seeing my new Cam) "wow, your car looks expensive". If people hate on you because of the guy in a sombrero on your hood, ask them how much their last service appointment cost.

·
Joined the dark side. :D
8,837 Posts
It would be interesting to know how you define weak driver.

There are plenty of :fuckyou:'ing stupid drivers out there who seem to have no clue about the laws of physics involved in slowing down a car.
"physic" lol sound like u just got out of highschool. yes there is physic involve but it go into how much you know your ride. traction and responsiveness of your ride.

i agree with you there are crazy drivers out there. imo if i can avoid a crash and save my car from a horrible damage, that is a win for me. i drive a nice car and want to keep it that way. :thumbsup: my 300hp car get cutoff just the same. :lol: i know it's not good but usually you keep close to the car in front you are less likely to get cut off, but it's risky so best not do it.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
I swerve when being tailgated, tap the brake with my left foot to turn the light on. that usually gets people off your ass. besides that you can help asses pulling infront of you. or those who merge into your lane right next to you. just drive asif (and they are) all idiots :D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
"physic" lol sound like u just got out of highschool. yes there is physic involve but it go into how much you know your ride. traction and responsiveness of your ride.........
With a commend like that, I'm left wondering if you left all your physics knowledge at the doorstep when you graduated from HS or did you not get that far :rofl: ?

·
Registered
2016 Camry SE
197 Posts
I once threw a sandwich at someone who cut me off... Lol, I was driving a '72 cadillac coupe deville convertible as we all know it pretty much takes the length of a football field to stop that car so I had quite a few choice words for him (as well as a roast beef from arbys!) lmao

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When someone rides my bumper, I get out of their way! :cool::)
That's tough here in Charlotte because everyone thinks they are in NASCAR. I will stay in the right hand lane when traffic is flowing but we have one (actually several but one in particular) left hand lane exit that you have to get in 4 miles ahead of the turn or you'll never make it. Meanwhile it's the fastest lane out of four! Can get hairy but I can do 55 if they insist.

They usually get the idea and back off and I reward them with a speed boost. I'm not doing 80 in a 55 while doing a steep exit!

But my problem remains the cut offs. Maybe this isn't unusual but the last car was so beat up (and heavy with a steel bumper) that no one wanted to learn how it got the battle scars (mostly parking garages).

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,958 Posts
Don't sweat it, it's not the vehicle you drive, it's just all the idiots behind the wheel. Don't let them convince you to second guess your ride. The new Camry is awesome in my humble opinion. If I had to choose a mid size car again, I would go with the Camry with no hesitation. It's not perfect, but what car is.....
pretty often it's car you drive.
especially if it is new model and you still got paper plates.
there are alt of jealous idiots who can't afford new car because of their credit shot, the way upside down on their car or they think they bought better car (civic, jetta, 2.0T sonata or bmw 3 series in most cases).
it happens to me almost every day.
welcome to club!
:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Its not that its wimpy but more to do with the green monster. Yes, its jealousy rearing its ugly head. Everytime I am driving a brand new car whether it is a Honda or Lexus, people have to let me know they are jealous of my new ride.

·
Joined the dark side. :D
8,837 Posts
just today a woman drove on the road shoulder and pass me on the side. she didn't exactly cut me off but it was a one lane and parallel park road. she pass me in that parallel parking section. i just laugh and continued on. the road posted speed was 30mph and i was doing around 35 or 40, still she pass me. lol

i did cut one slowmo off today. he/she was keeping a constant speed at 40 when posted sign was 50. after half a mile, i said enough... pass and cut her, not real close but i did get in front of her. just go on my merry way. i didn't pay att to what car it was. if you go slow and i can pass you safely, i will despite what you drive.... a whole new condition if it's a cop car. lol

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.