Toyota Nation Forum banner

I got a new job...postponing trip

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  toku58 
#1 · (Edited)
I am going to have to postpone the uber long bike tour around the US and do a North to South Pacific Coast tour instead starting from Oregon and down to San Diego.

I was not able to raise enough funds in time because the installs I had lined up did not happen.

So, I got a job starting tomorrow I will be working for this company.

http://www.vgigraphics.com/

I'll be learning how to design, print and install vinyl graphics for cars, trucks, banners, signs, full vehicle wraps, etc.

I found the job listing on Craigslist. The funny thing is that I already knew the owner, he used to manage the BMX race team I used to be on in my teenage years. So I emailed him and got the job!

I'm going to work for 6 months, finish building my touring bike, then take two weeks off and fly to Oregon and cruise down the coast :)

I've started accumulating parts for my build :D

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
No, but it's enough and I get paid more if I bring in sales. I know sales so I should do alright.

I get to learn a new trade though so it's a good opportunity. Plus the work environment is so nice.

No more hectic auto shop, with unhealthy conditions and no more car sales pressure.

#10 ·
What the heck???

I already told my wife not to plan any chores for me for January and February because I was going to sag for this cross-country bike rider as he made his way across wild and wooly Arizona!! :lol:

Oh well. Good luck on your new job and your ride down the west coast!!!!

#13 ·
Congrats on the new job Cam.

Did you already sell your X-Runner?

Hopefully you'll stick around on TN. Your a great Admin.

~Brian
Thanks Brian

I'm going to keep my truck and I'll probably stay a Mod, hopefully next year I will be able to do the super long tour.

Looking forward to the Pacific Coast tour though!

Thanks musubi and toysx2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.