Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I <3 Road Racing
Toyota MR2 Turbo
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at first i would like to say that everything was packaged EXTREMELY neat, and seemed like it was a big named company like HKS or Greddy. Packaged very tight, in bubble wrap, everything had its own box.
I was very weary buying from SSAutochrome, because a few of my friends (nocturnal included) has been ripped off by SSautochrome. But a full intercooler kit for 400 dollars with piping, cuplers, and clamps? I had to see this. So i was your guys' guinnee pig.

My first issue, is a little dent in the tubing, seen here:

Now one may say "wtf, its just a little dent." Well keep in mind i paid for an intercooler, not a dent.

Heres my only real beef with this kit. The smaller elbows look like they were custom made by... Me. Ground up, messy.. Not pretty at all. Functional? Definately. Just not professional grade quality at ALL.

·
Registered
91 Turbo Mr2
165 Posts
let me know how it works cuz im poor and i considered that kit

·
Now with even more BOOST
279 Posts
Overall I would say it looks fairly good. Looks like they attempeted to remove the casting flash from the inside of the pipes but gave up WTF?

I do have to comment on your SUPREMELY old school sterio that you are obviously still using ;)

·
"The Mighty Gen3"
91 SW20
153 Posts
Hey I just bought that kit on ebay for $333.19. Let me know if it works. :thumbdown :thumbup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I considered buying there turbo manifold but a couple people have told me that they crack after a little while so im still if e when it comes to ssautochrome. Does anybody here have an ssautochrome turbo manifold??

·
"The Mighty Gen3"
91 SW20
153 Posts
No, but my girlfriend's brother has one for his 240sx and he said that shit cracked on him.
:thumbdown :hammer:

·
"The Mighty Gen3"
91 SW20
153 Posts
My advice would be to go for a true name brand like HKS, GREDDY, Blitz, etc...Because in the long run that $200-$300 you spent on a cheap brand could have paid half the price of the HKS manifold. And this is pretty much true about any other modification you get. Oh, and I believe Aussie-Speed manufactures tubular manifolds, but I forgot how much they were going for. You can check yourself if you go to www.aussi-speed.com. Good luck!!! :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
Is aussie speed a reliable company? I dont want to shell $900 on a tubular manifold if its going to break or isnt very performance oriented.

·
"The Mighty Gen3"
91 SW20
153 Posts
They make the best bolt on downpipe on the market for the MR2 besides KO racing. But, yeah I wouldn't put out $900 for just a manifold. I would port my oem for same performance and easier fitment without losing air conditioning.:clap:

·
Registered
91 Turbo Mr2
165 Posts
LEt me know how the isntall goes does the intercooler fit right and mount right.... and do you feel it has helped you... thanks man

·
I <3 Road Racing
Toyota MR2 Turbo
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im a huge fan of aussie, and actually prefer them over KO. If you want, just PM me and i can take pictures of my DEISEL looking HPC coated Aussie downpipe i just got in sitting right next to me.. :)

their site by the way is www.aussie-speed.com

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well heres the thing. I wanted to get the KO racing 3 inch but its cat-less, but if Im going to get a downpipe, then I might as well get it. The reasoning behind wanting to have a cat is the fear of getting pulled over and having my exhaust inspected and ending up having to pay $1000 for not having a cat.

·
Registered
91 Turbo Mr2
165 Posts
yea i have the aussie downpipe on my car into the hks hi power exhaust... i really like both of them

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Berk Tech just recently released a much nicer intercooler with a lot more goodies that isn't too much more expensive.

$450 shipped for the first group buy @ MR2OC.

·
Registered
Turbo 2
56 Posts
Install it! Install it! when are we gonna have the results! Im waiting for you so i can order mines! :D No rush just anxious! Also ... I dont really understand what you customized and why? what was wrong with the elbows????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts