Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came out really well. I will take pics of the entire truck after I get my control arms installed and aligned on Saturday.

·
Registered
2005 tacoma trd
866 Posts
ahh yes my plan also :thumbup:

·
I had a six pack
231 Posts
:licklips:

·
Hey There...
05' Prerunner Taco
920 Posts
Yes Pics plz. My truck I am going for white and black look. PLEASE! PICS!:clap:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK everyone I am definately going to take a full set of pics tomorrow and post them. I have just had one problem after another with alignment then I had to get UCAs, Now I need to get my tires replaced because the Terragrapplers are too big. So I am going to have to get some all terrains, which I think suck, but that is all that will fit on my truck with a 2.5 inch lift. I am going to have everything all done here in the next day or so. Just be patient and I will probably post some pics on Tuesday or Wednesday.

·
Toy Machine
282 Posts

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
SinCityTaco said:
OK everyone I am definately going to take a full set of pics tomorrow and post them. I have just had one problem after another with alignment then I had to get UCAs, Now I need to get my tires replaced because the Terragrapplers are too big. So I am going to have to get some all terrains, which I think suck, but that is all that will fit on my truck with a 2.5 inch lift. I am going to have everything all done here in the next day or so. Just be patient and I will probably post some pics on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Why not just get a smaller size Terra Grappler? :confused:

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
SinCityTaco said:
because one size down is a 265 something. That would look ridiculous in the wheel wells of a lifted Taco.
So... you think that another tire manufacturer, using the same dimensions, makes a tire that is going to fit better? :confused:

The problem is the SIZE, not the BRAND.

The difference between 285's and 265's is about an inch. That's a half-inch more black tire sticking up into your black wheelwells. If you think there's going to be much of a difference in looks between the two, you're mistaken. People won't even notice the difference unless they bend over and read the tire size off of your sidewalls. It's not like you're running any substantial amount of lift.

·
Registered
449 Posts
10SE said:
So... you think that another tire manufacturer, using the same dimensions, makes a tire that is going to fit better? :confused:

The problem is the SIZE, not the BRAND.

The difference between 285's and 265's is about an inch. That's a half-inch more black tire sticking up into your black wheelwells. If you think there's going to be much of a difference in looks between the two, you're mistaken. People won't even notice the difference unless they bend over and read the tire size off of your sidewalls. It's not like you're running any substantial amount of lift.
i agree with 10se... theres a guy on ttora running dirt logics (2.5" lift) with 26s and it looks very good. thats what i will be running (donahoes at 2.5" wheels type b, and 265/75r16 nitto TG's)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts