Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
jpspartan09
08 Tacoma
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I've had fun with my taco, but I came home with a new '09 Chevy Silverado. I saw an offer I couldn't refuse: basically I paid the taxes and license fees, and got a free bed liner in the process. It's an extended cab, is kind of a slate blue color, and has the smaller V8. This means now I can tow my camper with no worries, and easily fit my 4 wheeler in the bed. I know I'm gonna sacrifice a little in economy but I have friends that get 20-21 out of these trucks. This is it right here:

But at least the Toyota's keep their value!!! I got 20,000+ for it!

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,675 Posts
Nice, by small V8 do you mean the 4.8? It is a decent motor, I had one in a reg cab Silverado. The 6.2 on the other hand.........:thumbsup:

Congrats man!

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,065 Posts
Congrats man....:thumbsup: But you don't have to say goodbye, This is TN people respect your choice of vehicle here!:D

I had the same weakness in Dec 08. Very Nice Trucks they are! Excellent deals on them too right now. Here's mine, and I'm lovin it!!:clap:...I went with the 5.3, GMC

·
meteor proof
520 Posts
I was debating between an 09 white GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLE with the optional grill and 20" wheels or my tacoma. i went wth the tacoma since it has more offroad capabilities, better resale value, and i could get it with all the options and still pay less than what the Sierra wouldve costed.

congrats on the new purchase though.

gonna cherry bomb this one?

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
im comtemplating an 06 Dodge 2500 with the I-6 cummings in it. I like my tundra allot though.

Congrats on the new ride !

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
as long as its not a Ford i still consider you part of the nation lol. Our tow rig is a 2500 duramax, Chevy and Toyota, a match made in heaven, especially considering the tundra will have a duramax diesel in a few years.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
, especially considering the tundra will have a duramax diesel in a few years.
Got any info on that ? I may have to wait untill then.

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Got any info on that ? I may have to wait untill then.
diesel, well bio-diesel is one of the future fuels. Toyota already has their Tundra diesel dully concept and they bought (according to someone i know at the dealer) the rights to the Duramax engine. seeing that the tundra and sequoia are the only trucks capable of handling the massive 6.6L turbo diesel likely paired with an allison transmission. It just makes sense that they would put a diesel in the Tundra. :clap:

on a side note, while my truck was in the shop i drove the chevy again for the first time in over a year and i must say that i genuinely believe it is faster than my taco both 0-60 and 60-:rolleyes:

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
diesel, well bio-diesel is one of the future fuels. Toyota already has their Tundra diesel dully concept and they bought (according to someone i know at the dealer) the rights to the Duramax engine. seeing that the tundra and sequoia are the only trucks capable of handling the massive 6.6L turbo diesel likely paired with an allison transmission. It just makes sense that they would put a diesel in the Tundra. :clap:

on a side note, while my truck was in the shop i drove the chevy again for the first time in over a year and i must say that i genuinely believe it is faster than my taco both 0-60 and 60-:rolleyes:

That would be so sweet.. the duramax is Super quiet.

Watch out for the sonic drive ins in this one!! Sorry to see you go,but I hope you enjoy your new truck!
good shit.. :lol:

·
jpspartan09
08 Tacoma
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Watch out for the sonic drive ins in this one!! Sorry to see you go,but I hope you enjoy your new truck!

:rofl: this thing is wider than the taco so we'll see just how close i can get!:D but the camper I'm pulling is a Jayco, around 4500-5000 lbs dry and I know some people that have the 4.8L (like mine) and they have no problem pulling.

·
Toyotanation
6,975 Posts
I am glad you are happy. But common "Oakley" Ford makes good stuff too and they didn't take any bailout money like Chevy :disappoin
LOL! Ford declined the bailout money when they found out they needed a solid plan for recovery.

But yeah! Fords are O.K.

Chevy's got the MPG thing down! My Silverado got 20-21 mpg, it had the 5.3 V8.

The only problem was the workmanship of the vehicle. But since they are fighting for there lives? I would hope they make Quality #1!
If they improve on the Quality control? They can be a solid company again!:thumbsup:

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
LOL! Ford declined the bailout money when they found out they needed a solid plan for recovery.

But yeah! Fords are O.K.

Chevy's got the MPG thing down! My Silverado got 20-21 mpg, it had the 5.3 V8.

The only problem was the workmanship of the vehicle. But since they are fighting for there lives? I would hope they make Quality #1!
If they improve on the Quality control? They can be a solid company again!:thumbsup:

The workmanship can be their they just need to kick the unions to the curb and put that money into the vehicles like the Japanese do.

I hope they can figure it, but not @ the cost of us fronting the damn bill.

Kinda off topic Toku, but this morning GM Q1 earnings per the Fox News ch. $6 Billion in losses...it is a matter of time before Ch.11.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.