Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well now i know this is going to cause quint a little battle now but today i pick up my girl friend and a few of her friends(one being about 200lbs.) and i notice how bad my performance got. well now me being someone with less than 3k and would more than hate to adapt the supercarger to my 1996 v6 camry, thought that a fuel management system would give me a nice little boost. now i ask is which would you people recomend. so far the engine has only a k&n filter and those REALLY nice 4 ground platuim spark plugs (not like they do anything). also any nice body lighting ideas (not taking out the seats or spare tire) would be ummm nice.

~Kevin

·
Registered
529 Posts
You could do weight reduction and not put a lot of people in your car in the first place. But honestly if you don't carry a bunch of people around regularily then I would worry too much about spending tons of money that won't do much for you.

Me and most of my friends are pretty big guys. I'm 6'0 220 and most of my friends are 5'10 and up and 170 and up. So I know how it goes when I put 3 of my friends in my car:rolleyes:

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Weight has got to do with 1/4 mile...i've won raced with having 8 people on my dad's station wagon (cressida)...weight is only one aspect....driver is the more important one!

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
I love fat people. They provide hours and hours of amusement. :D ;)

They do kill the performance of your car though. Tell your girl her friends need to find their own ride or she can walk with them. Plus you are not supposed to let fat chicks in your ride anyway. lol

I'm just kidding about most of that stuff. Well except about fat women in your ride, that's a no no. :disappoin

·
sargdesigns
2,497 Posts
Talisman18 said:
I love fat people. They provide hours and hours of amusement. :D ;)

They do kill the performance of your car though. Tell your girl her friends need to find their own ride or she can walk with them. Plus you are not supposed to let fat chicks in your ride anyway. lol

I'm just kidding about most of that stuff. Well except about fat women in your ride, that's a no no. :disappoin

So funny, yet SO GOD DAMN MEAN! :disappoin

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol me nor my girl knew she was comming with us till she was going in my car. we thought she was going off with this other guy and she jumped in and i was damn it this just makes it all the more cramp in here now. i gave my lady a good talking too about this as well.:lol:

·
Registered
529 Posts
It's kinda nice being a big guy sometimes. I had a little punk from high school one day in the parking lot back into my truck(when I had it). He was a short, scrawny guy like half my size with an attitude. Well, since we were both backing at the same time I guess you could say we hit each other but there was absolutly no damage to either car.
He gets out of his car all pissed off and ready to kick my ass. I calmly got out of my truck and stared down at him. He never said another word, just got in his car and left:lol:

·
Oomp loompa doopidy doo..
279 Posts
Tex97 said:
Me and most of my friends are pretty big guys. I'm 6'0 220 and most of my friends are 5'10 and up and 170 and up.
HA, BIG?! Try 6'3" 280 buddy, and still runnin in the fuckin 18s! Talk about weight reduction, you take off my legs and Ill bet I can shave off over a half second just from that! Not to mention my slight (but lovely) love handles.....

·
Registered
529 Posts
spills1969 said:
HA, BIG?! Try 6'3" 280 buddy, and still runnin in the fuckin 18s! Talk about weight reduction, you take off my legs and Ill bet I can shave off over a half second just from that! Not to mention my slight (but lovely) love handles.....
Well compared to most of the people here based on their pictures, I am a big guy:D but I know I'm tiny compared to a lot of people.

·
The Oddity
Gen 4.5 Camry
809 Posts
mate just be grateful that your woman's friend didn't damage any of your handling gear or made you scrap your zorst when going over speed bumps or crappy driveways.

if its only a once off thing then you don't really need to worry about.

i've had a few of my friends who are about 6' or more weighing 100kg or more and my car's performance was ok at the time. but going up will was a big drain on the petrol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts