Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mountaineer
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why are people so inconsiderate of other peoples vehicles. went to the pool today when i got out and went to leave i noticed a nice big dent in my passenger door, luckily the paint is not scratched so maybe they can fix it somehow. anybody know the best method for getting a dent fixed?:sosad:

·
Registered
225 Posts
The best type of dent repairs are by professionals that massage the dent out with various tools from the inside of the sheetmetal...there are usually some very minor scratches to the paint from the process, but the dent is usually fully taken out. The scratches can be remedied with a good polish after. It's a type of paintles dent repair.

·
Registered
759 Posts
i can relate.... and would prefer pushing out the dent with the offenders nose......

actually i think there's something called "paintless dent removal" they use some kind of resin type glue. stick it to it and pull the dent out. after, they use some solvent to remove the glue.....

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
This is quite possibly my biggest "pet peave" if you will. It has and still will flat out ruin my week. Just senseless. I was eating at a fast food joint and watched a lady dent my current truck in the driver door. It never even registered in her mind that she had done anything wrong. She didn't even pause or turn to look when it happened, and when I ran out to talk to her, it took her a moment to realize what I was upset about. I got her name and number, took the truck to a PDR shop, sent her the bill and she paid it. However...

I am also guilty (when I was a little younger) of planting my foot several times into the door of an F-150 that door-dinged my CL. I mean, I was pretty upset when I first saw it (I always check my doors when I return to the vehicle for this very thing). Even more so b/c I parked in BFE just to get a safe spot. But after I got in the car and looked over at the door of that truck and saw white paint on it i just flipped the fu(k out. Bad day I guess cause I'm not a violent person. But damn. That may have been the most anger I have ever felt.

BTW-Jennifer Aniston is on Dave Letterman right now showing leg up to her ass.:naughty:

·
Mountaineer
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i parked out in bfe as well, the person must have went out of their way to park beside of me. and i hear ya bill i would not mind putting my foot into that persons door panel to see how they like it. Next time i go i will check half-way through the day to see who is parked beside of me and if there are any dents in my door

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
I was in my beater Honda and some lady swung her door open on it. I got out and regulated her. I told her to get the f*ck out before I did something to her. She stormed out like I was a killer but I was just putting her in check. She deserved the fright.

I didn't care for the Honda.

PDR is the way to go. They don't use resin or glue to remove dents. Who ever does that is not a real PDR.

They pop from the inside out.

No one is better than my guy here...

http://homepage.mac.com/dentexpert/PhotoAlbum29.html

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
Some people figure that its not their vehicle thatd getting dented, so who cares?

·
Registered
194 Posts
BillBrasky said:
This is quite possibly my biggest "pet peave" if you will. It has and still will flat out ruin my week. Just senseless. I was eating at a fast food joint and watched a lady dent my current truck in the driver door. It never even registered in her mind that she had done anything wrong. She didn't even pause or turn to look when it happened, and when I ran out to talk to her, it took her a moment to realize what I was upset about. I got her name and number, took the truck to a PDR shop, sent her the bill and she paid it. However...

I am also guilty (when I was a little younger) of planting my foot several times into the door of an F-150 that door-dinged my CL. I mean, I was pretty upset when I first saw it (I always check my doors when I return to the vehicle for this very thing). Even more so b/c I parked in BFE just to get a safe spot. But after I got in the car and looked over at the door of that truck and saw white paint on it i just flipped the fu(k out. Bad day I guess cause I'm not a violent person. But damn. That may have been the most anger I have ever felt.

BTW-Jennifer Aniston is on Dave Letterman right now showing leg up to her ass.:naughty:
I'm with you Bill. I go wayyy out of my way to avoid dings. I know it's probably unhealthy, but it eats me up. I've managed to keep my '03 and '05 Tacomas ding free because of it. I have to admit, I've doled out justice in the form of a mule kick the past. F 'em if they're inconsiderate pricks to begin with. I've never dinged someone else's vehicle with my door.

True story: A few months ago I had to go to Home Depot in the '05. At this particular Depot there's a second parking lot way out of the way and always empty. I parked, did my business, then left quickly. When I approached my truck I was shocked to find a rat of a lifted, in gray prime, shit box F150 parked next to me on the passenger side. This prick parked less than 1 foot away from me and actually rode over the curb and up the burm about 2 feet. It was impossibe for him to get out without creaming my A pillar. But, no dent. Must've left out the passenger side. Still, my blood was boiling. I was happy I didn't have my Nova Pump in the truck. I might have aerated his block for him, and of course, gone to jail. Some people are simply miserable.

·
Registered
263 Posts
DentWizard.
Sometimes I'll park way out the way in an empty section of the parking lot, and come back to find that out of all the empty spaces around, some a-hole parks right next to me, with about 3 inches to spare for me to open my door.

·
The Thread Killer
Taco DC 4X4 SR5
781 Posts
TacoNick said:
DentWizard.
Sometimes I'll park way out the way in an empty section of the parking lot, and come back to find that out of all the empty spaces around, some a-hole parks right next to me, I think it happens to all of us........Park out in the middle of nowhere, no one aroud and the lot empty to come back to find someone parked right next to you. I think they do it just to piss us off! :eek:

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
I feel you guys. I'm the same way. I just thought I was anal about door dings.

Another tip is to make a personal note not to park next to vans, suvs (kids) and older 2-door cars with the super long doors. When I have to, I try to park next to 4-door cars and luxury cars. Most of the time I'm near the back of the lot, though.

·
Go Hokies!
89 Posts
TacoNick said:
DentWizard
+1 on DentWizard. The guy did an awesome job on 2 dings we got on our Bimmer.
cj99si said:
and park on the passenger side.
Agreed. I try to park way out and walk, but if needed will park in a spot on the passenger side to reduce likelihood of a ding.:thumbup:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm a little wacko when it comes to avoiding door dings too. If I absolutely HAVE to park between two cars, I will usually take my odds and park a little closer to the car on my left (their passenger side) than the car on my right. I was at Home Depot a few weeks ago (I see a pattern) and parked in row w/ no other cars in it. When I came back out, an F250 super duty had backed into the spot on my left (his driver door against mine) and was about a foot away from my door. I was fumed but I didn't see any marks.

I had my Mustang GT for 4 1/2 years and only managed to get one ding; from a jeep cherokee. It was pretty bad. The corner of his back door caught my door on the rounded part two inches below the window. The dent was an inch long and a 1/4 inch deep. I wanted so badly to damage the dude's jeep but I held back. Being mature sucks....

·
Go Hokies!
89 Posts
silversport said:
I'm a little wacko when it comes to avoiding door dings too. If I absolutely HAVE to park between two cars, I will usually take my odds and park a little closer to the car on my left (their passenger side) than the car on my right. I was at Home Depot a few weeks ago (I see a pattern) and parked in row w/ no other cars in it. When I came back out, an F250 super duty had backed into the spot on my left (his driver door against mine) and was about a foot away from my door. I was fumed but I didn't see any marks.
As someone said earlier, I think people do this to tick us off. Last Sun at church I parked out in the boonies in the lot; no one around, and come out to see some SUV parked right next to my truck. Ughhhh...

One thing I've noticed though. With my DeeZee tube steps, those things stick out a bit past my door panels/sides, so at least w/the shorter, non-truck vehicles, their doors would likely hit my step before ever getting near a door panel... :D I think the steps could handle a door edge/corner better than the door panel...Maybe even inflict some damage to their door....:naughty:

·
05 Speedwayblue X-runner
1,787 Posts
NorCalTacoma said:
I have parked out in the boonies and not once has someone parked next to me.

People in other states are rude as f*ck.
Just the other day my wife and I went out to eat and I parked my truck out in the boonies and some one had to park real close to my truck just to piss me off. This car was covered with bird shit and hadn't been washed for years. I guess when you have a nice vehicle the have nots get jealous.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts