Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the coolant leak is coming from somewhere above the cats. It’s dripping all the way down to where the cats turn into the normal exhaust. The oil appears to be coming from the oil pan bolt where you drain the oil. I didn’t feel any oil above it or around the pan. Any advice?

·
'93 LE Wagon V6 '94 LE I4
'93 V6 wagon, '94 I4
947 Posts
I'd check the oil drain plug and make sure it's snug. If it is and still drips, replace the gasket. Get the cooling system pressure tested if the leak is not easily visible. With the system brought up to cap pressure, leaks are usually easily visible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd check the oil drain plug and make sure it's snug. If it is and still drips, replace the gasket. Get the cooling system pressure tested if the leak is not easily visible. With the system brought up to cap pressure, leaks are usually easily visible.
Thanks! I will call a shop and see if I can figure that out!

·
Registered
327 Posts
You can check out a cooling system pressure tester from your local auto parts store if you feel you are capable of using such a diagnostic tool. Honestly its very easy to use. As for the oil leak clean everything off first with a degreaser to be able to been identify your source(s) of the leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts