Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, so I'm currently fixing up my '99 Corolla VE. So far, I've installed folding seats, replaced the headliner and floor carpet, replaced the front seats to new ones with airbags, and some other things I can't recall at the second. Presently doing the 02 front end conversion. Just need to find a set of fogs!

-I've noticed that on my AC panel, all knobs have small lense bits that (should?) light up, but only the AC button lights up. Should everything on the panel light up? Should my reverse/park/drive etc area light up?

-I do not have power windows/locks obviously, but I have just obtained a master switch for the driver side and am slowly getting parts for the power windows/locks. But have heard, the wiring from the battery back isn't present. Is there a guide for making the stuff.. have power?

-My new front seats have underseat airbags (side airbags?) is there wiring present, or any capacity to hook these up just for the hell of it?

-Can the non-tilt steering wheel be converted to tilt?

-I got a powered side mirror (driver side) and the button panel for it (passenger side door was gone on donor car)... Is the internal wiring present or is it the same case as the power locks/windows? I saw that the panel wiring is present... as it was already plugged into the rear of the coin holder, lol.

Thanks guys. I bought this car for $500 last year, and fixing it up has been a nice learning experience. Car only has 120k miles on it so I really don't mind dumping money into the car.

Here's how I bought it::

This was my first attempt at DIY floor carpet:

Did the headliner myself too!

And here it is a few months ago, with the new front end and unpainted Lancer wing I found and crammed on there, for no good reason. Also, $20 hubcaps!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Nice job on the interior.

-I've noticed that on my AC panel, all knobs have small lense bits that (should?) light up, but only the AC button lights up. Should everything on the panel light up? Should my reverse/park/drive etc area light up?

[/IMG]
All that lights up at night when the headlights come on.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
-My new front seats have underseat airbags (side airbags?) is there wiring present, or any capacity to hook these up just for the hell of it?
Don't mess with the airbags in the seats. You could accidentally set it off and cause harm to yourself. :shit-hits-the-fan:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
With the headlights being on all the time, you maybe talking about the Day Time Running Lights. That's normal.

As for the rest of the console and shifter selection lighting up, there must be just burned out bulbs.

·
2008 Corolla
2008 Corolla
183 Posts
You can buy a bag of little bulbs from autozone for like $5. Pull out the speedo cluster and the heat/ac unit. there's two bulbs on each side. and bam!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll do that this weekend. I installed my power mirrors only to find it wouldn't work. I installed a door master switch and it's wiring through the door as well, so I assume it's missing the wiring from the battery, back. Anyone have a guide for this?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got hold of a whole new front end for conversion, a new trunk and wing, and a ton more. Pictures of progress coming soon

I am looking at a set of rims-- Will 15" rims with 205/60r15 tires fit? I'm assuming yes...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's being replaced in the next week. We're custom working a trunk w/o reverse lights, and mounting a modified Dodge something wing. Hopefully moving my current 3rd brake light onto the new wing. Reverse lights are moving to the back bumper. Wheels acquired, need to roll and pull the fenders to reduce rubbing.. It's rubs a little over bumps as is.

Waiting on marker lights from RockAuto as they sent the wrong ones the first time around, then I can mount the new front end. Need to make a harness and mount a switch for the new fogs too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Progress..
Finishing up bodypanel work. Soon as the body is smoothed out, the new trunk goes on, as well as the new bumper. No photos of the rear bumper yet, but I've moved the reverse lights onto the bumper. I plastic-welded on reverse lights from a 98 Sebring, and custom fabricated a trunk with no lenses. I've also obtained a Subaru WRX wing. The whole car will also be going Subaru Rally Blue in the end. After the outside is done, I'll be converting to manual and installing a turbo. This car has simply become a test to see just how much I can do to a car... and so far I'm impressed with myself.

Also, anyone know what size light bulbs the A/C panel uses?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Also, anyone know what size light bulbs the A/C panel uses?
The OEM bulbs are discontinued.
I had the same problem and found that #E74 are the ones to use for replacement. Regular #74 won't fit in the housing because they are too wide. The #E74 are not as wide as the #74 and will fit. The only problem to deal with is the green "condom" that goes over the bulb. You may have to glue it on like I did. You'll see when you get into it.

·
2012 corolla ce
1,521 Posts
I dont want to sound mean but i think the trunk needs something. Just looks out of place kinda. The modded bumper is a nice look and i can see how you love the wing. Maybe the paint will help and i have no clue whats missing but something seems a lil off to me. Though i love the project so far coming along nicely.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.