Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got it back and i have a new set up
it consist of eclipse avn6600, arc audio fd1200.1(can see some of it) arc audio 4150 cxl(behind the wall), components are arc audio acs 265(no pics of it because they are in the door ) zapco i force i-6902 9x9 in the rear and 2 arc audio flatline 12's.

what do you guys think about the set up

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Nice setup! But why Arc ACS 265 instead of the Arc 6000 since you have all the other high end stuff? Did you already have those?

edit:

Nevermind....I thought the ACS was part of the KS/KAR series. Forgot those are the Rainbows :hammer: Those ACS are awesome speakers. I have the Arc 6000s in my doors.

Why did you keep the rear 6x9s instead of removing them when you have two subs. I think the imaging would be better without the rear fills.

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
wow that is gorgeous! did you do the install or did you have a shop do it? how much did it cost you in total?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
looks nice! not loving the bezel for the radio though... that kind of gap/non flush fitment would bother the hell out of me:) that bezel is one of many that i've went through, didn't even put it in the car before i threw it out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did already have the acs in there for the past 2years now. they sound awesome
never thought about removing the real fill since they were pretty expensive speakers for me.
i usually try to do the install my self but i didn't do this one i have to give credit to California Auto Stereo in Turlock. They did a nice ass job on the box and the trunk .

what bezel are you using to make it fit flush le05

·
Registered
1,505 Posts

·
The Naive Voice of Reason
2006 Lexus ES330
2,083 Posts
If that's the Scosche kit he has, it can fit well. You just have to play around with it like I did. The Metra kit is easier to work with and looks better though IMO.

Edit: On second glimpse, that doesn't look like the Scosche kit. I don't know what kind of kit that is but it should be fixed.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Edit: On second glimpse, that doesn't look like the Scosche kit. I don't know what kind of kit that is but it should be fixed.
its the american international kit from crutchfield.com. i've tried that, scocshe, and the metra... the metra is the best of all of them in my opinion

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah it is the american internation kit. but dose the merta one need the orginal brackets form the stock cd player because i remember i got one like that but i dont have the orginal cd player anymore.

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
yeah it is the american internation kit. but dose the merta one need the orginal brackets form the stock cd player because i remember i got one like that but i dont have the orginal cd player anymore.
yes i believe the metra needs the original brackets

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
one question to anyone
what wire do i need to hook up the illumination wire to. i didnt use a wiring harness i just tapped in to the 3 wires i need to run this thing and the vss and brake. but i was never able to find out what color the wire is for the illumination.

·
The Naive Voice of Reason
2006 Lexus ES330
2,083 Posts
find a copy of the wiring diagram.....it should be in there

I used a wiring harness so.........match, plug and play for me. :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just so people know it is the green wire on the stock toyota harness. hope this helps some one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts