Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Celica 98 with a 3S-FE... I want to mount a T3/T4 Boost...
this is my cuestion: Can i use parts of MR2 Turbo for my Car?? I need to find for example Forged pistons Swain Gold Coat and a lot of more things that can works whit my Boost... but can i look saying my engine is a 3S-GTE?? it will works?? are the same?? of course the 3S-GTE is more powerful!!

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Don't think the block will hold as much boost but all you need is all the top on the 3S-GTE: head and everything connected to it, intake manifold, TB, exhaust maniflod etc.
Even simpler just use exhaust manifold to connect the turbo.
Same thing could be done to 5S-FE.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
princemb said:
but can i look saying my engine is a 3S-GTE?? it will works?? are the same?? of course the 3S-GTE is more powerful!!

If you use your stock head and turbo it... it would be a 3S-FTE. If you use the 3sgte head... I think you would basically have a 3sgte.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
re.

Yes, of course... I know... first of all i have to find a Head *G* or Cams *G* i think is the same... but my question is about my internals... i don´t know if can i looking my parts like 3SGTE my Engine is a 3SFE... you know... everything for 3SGTE but FORGED!!:cool:

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Get a complete 3S-GTE/GE head. The block is the same in dimension. Maybe some different in detail, like knock sensor, oil cooler and strength.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts