Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around at some various Honda tuning sites, and there is SOOO much cool shit you can do to Civic's, like engine swaps that are cheap, easy, and do wonder for preformance. Lots of suspension options, etc.

While I will never go to the dark side (S2000 and the like are obvious exceptions!!!), I wish I could do all this to my Camry :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I still want to SERIOUSLY get a WRX or a STi and REALLY get serious. FWD only goes so far, but I am poor :thumbup:

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
I love the Honda aftermarket too... you could make a complete stock looking Integra that would blow the doors off tons of other cars... if only it weren't a Honda. I'm looking at an E36 325iS though... so much aftermarket for that, it's amazing. And it's NOT a Honda!

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
I used to own a Civic, IT was hella smooth... gas was good, the only bad thing about it was couldnt fix it up because I am spending all my money for my Tercel. I was thinking about swapping the civic... but EH.... everyone does civics... and I wrecked some ladys 2000 altima... so i sold it and spent it on making her ass happy.......... jerk. but hey, if i pull up next to a civic, and there stuff is SOPOSEABLY FIXED UP... I'll make them look bad by getting beat by a tercel...:D

·
Still got love 4 the AE92
489 Posts
I love browsing the appearance section of honda-tech.com. There's a lot of tasteful cars on there, and some really amazing photographers.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
There's nothing wrong with Hondas. Just too much wrong with what people do to them. There is too much aftermarket... that is the problem. There is so much stuff out there.... yet they all look the same.

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
s2k's are over rated. they are pretty fast, pretty good cornering. horrible gas milage. alot of faster cars out now. for 32k, there are much faster cars out there.

·
pseudo-systematic
176 Posts
ishcoleobo said:
There's nothing wrong with Hondas. Just too much wrong with what people do to them. There is too much aftermarket... that is the problem. There is so much stuff out there.... yet they all look the same.
that is probably the most true thing that has been said about hondas in a long time.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
My first car was a '87 1.5L civic hatch. I sold it and got dad's '93 corolla, then he bought it back from another friend when he became a contractor. Anytime he doesn't need his long bed chevy (which is like every day) he jsut drives the civic cause it still get's 40-45mph no matter how much you floor it LoL!

Good cars. Not a ton of riced out civics in Alabama... Most modders I've seen around here just do KISS.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I like to add that my honda gets 30 mpg... who can say that with a 12 year old car? My Camry is a 92 and gets about 10mpg... cuz I've modified the fuel system so much! :lol:

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
the only thing i see bad about civics is of course people that modify them in poor taste...but they are good cars that can have really well-built fast, strong engines.

with all that said though, the problem with theft can be bad if the car is fixed up in any way. an auto-x friend had a black '00 civic si coupe no body kit, factory wing, lowered but nor slammed, exhaust, rota slipstream rims, basic bolt-on engine mods...well it was stolen last month and only the unibody was found a few days later. he ended up buying an STi to replace it - great choice :D

i guess my point is that the interchangability of the honda engines can make some of them really attractive to some theiving bastards...this is another reason my husband's liscence plate on his Integra LS is NO VTEC...he proudly displays it as a slam to all the ricer VTEC Tuned Badges as well as to thieves who might think there is a Type R or GSR engine inside. the insurance on it is staggering b/c of the high rate of theft.

Keri

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
CamryPunk said:
I like to add that my honda gets 30 mpg... who can say that with a 12 year old car? My Camry is a 92 and gets about 10mpg... cuz I've modified the fuel system so much! :lol:
15 years old, 27-30mpg ;)

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
My MR2 got about that on the 5sfe. Anyone wants it they can have it for FREE!!! It's in La Habra somewhere :lol:

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
i love civic hatchbacks and coupes. i don't really like the sedans. they are nice cars just that they are soo much aftermarket stuff out there for it and ppl just mess them up b'cuz of that.

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
CamryPunk said:
My 84 Camry got 30+mpg. If your Camry gets 10mpg I hope its fast;)

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
^ Getting there... just have to tune the HKS AFR then I should be set. I have to pay around with the Fuel pressure regulator some more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts