Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tacoma TN User
2000 Tacoma TRD
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i searched around a bit but couldnt find anyone in the exact situation as me therefore i decided to post i have a few questions.

what i am running right now is a basic 3 inch lift with a spacer in the front and an AAL in the rear. WHat i want is more lift, so i have a couple questions on how to do it. Can i buy some 5100's front and rear and put them on their highest setting would that add to my current lift? Or what could i add in the front, i would love to get to 6 inches, where do i go from here? I know i could put a block in the rear but what can i add with the spacer? Or do i have to take out my existing lift and start over?

5100's all around putting them at 2.25 would raise me up that much? blocks?

thanks guys

Aaron

·
Registered
42 Posts
You don't want to stack or combine lifts it isn't safe and it will put crazy stress on your drive train and suspension components. If you are at 3" of lift right now and want more lift then go to a 6" kit from Fabtech, Pro Comp, Tuff Country or the RCD 4.5" lift. All of these lifts require you to modify the front cross member which makes for a more permanent install.

You could also do a 3" body lift combined with your existing 3" spacers giving you 6" but a lot of guys with the body lift wish they had just gone 6" suspension lift. Basically a body lift puts spacers between the body and frame.

Happy Trails!

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
I think Faskev has covered it all... dont go body lift. You'll need to buy a real 6" lift to do what you want.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
2012/14 Stanley Cup Champ
1,883 Posts
One other thing to add....when you lift an IFS front end, you are pushing the a-arms down to achieve your lift. By pushing the a-arms down you are also limiting your downward travel and thus creating a pretty stiff ride.
Not to mention you are going to have really steep angles on your CV's. Steep angled Cv's = premature wear = $$$$.
Spend the money up front and do it right the first time.

·
p00pernickel
Toyota Tacoma
500 Posts
One other thing to add....when you lift an IFS front end, you are pushing the a-arms down to achieve your lift. By pushing the a-arms down you are also limiting your downward travel and thus creating a pretty stiff ride.
Not to mention you are going to have really steep angles on your CV's. Steep angled Cv's = premature wear = $$$$.
Spend the money up front and do it right the first time.
What he said

1 - 5 of 5 Posts