Toyota Nation Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
their was some uneven ground on the side of the road. covered in snow. i thought i had enough clearance but their was a big hole on the right tire that slipped into.

a small pile of dirt with some rocks on top of it next to that hole.

so when the right wheel went into the hole, the front end went down and hit that :/

i jsut noticed the plastic cover forward of the oil pan got pushed in cause the plastic clip is missing

View attachment 366195 View attachment 366196 View attachment 366199
Are you driving on surfaces like that often? Bcs. in that case I would go aftermarket belly pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Are you driving on surfaces like that often? Bcs. in that case I would go aftermarket belly pan.

no it was a rare instance. was chcking out new subdivision, attempted 3 point turn and went a little to far into the uneven dirt shoulder , right tire fell into a hole (it was filled with snow, didnt tell) and fell enough the oil pan smacked a rock.

i got a better pic with daylight out
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Rim

·
イリジウム
14,751 Posts
European cars always have those, even the budget VWs. I think it may be the German winters, they tend to be built to handle the cold much better.

However, even domestics and Asian imports have more and more of the belly pans. I guess for aerodynamic and fuel efficiency reasons.

I have belly protection on BMW 3 series and VW Tiguan.
You don’t need metal protection to protect from rocks etc. Composite material is perfectly fine.

·
Registered
784 Posts
no it was a rare instance. was chcking out new subdivision, attempted 3 point turn and went a little to far into the uneven dirt shoulder , right tire fell into a hole (it was filled with snow, didnt tell) and fell enough the oil pan smacked a rock.

i got a better pic with daylight out View attachment 366216
I would leave it as is. If it is not leaking, forget it.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts