Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I change my oil yet? I'm going to go with mobil 1 synthetic when I finally do, or should I wait a while longer til' I change it for the first time? :thumbup: :thumbdown ??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bigblue said:
Should I change my oil yet? I'm going to go with mobil 1 synthetic when I finally do, or should I wait a while longer til' I change it for the first time? :thumbup: :thumbdown ??
My pre-paid maintenance plan has my first oil change scheduled at 5k miles! Damned
maintenance plan is a rip...

·
Tennessee Tacoma Pilot
Honda VFR800 & Taco
216 Posts
Should have changed it 3900 miles ago. I buy into an early first change and then at 1000 miles. From that point on, each 5K as per warranty requests.

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
My first one was at 600 (with a lot of shit in the oil). I'm at 3,000 now and about to do it again. I'm probably going to go ahead and do all the fluids this time.

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
cfive said:
My pre-paid maintenance plan has my first oil change scheduled at 5k miles! Damned
maintenance plan is a rip...
I have the same plan as well. I still paid for the oil change at 1000 miles.

I was reading the plan in depth and found that you have to take your truck back to the dealer you bought it for you to receive your free services!!! FUCK THAT.

The dealer I bought my truck at has a bad service department. Another TN dude went there to get a leak fixed in his truck and they didn't even check it!

They will probably just take my truck and park it in the back and call me at 3 PM when it's done!

I am cancelling the plan ASAP.

The dealer right down the street from my house is SUPER LEGIT. They treat me like a king and get my shit done right and quick!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Definitely change your oil now, and use Mobil 1. :thumbup:

Question to you guys that changed multiple fluids: are you using some form of Mobil 1 (or other synthetic) in the transmission, 4x4 gear box, and differentials? If so, which ones. Are they easy to access & change? Does it make that much difference?

Thanks!

·
One Cool Taco
Double Cab SB
88 Posts
I change my oil between 3,000 - 3,800 miles. I don't want to take a chance and sludge the engine at 5,000.

·
Go Bills!
Tacoma, 4DR, 2WD
291 Posts
I'd change it at 5000 just like the manufacturer recommends. They make oil and filters a lot better than they used to. These lube places that suggest every 3000 are ripping us all off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
nomad said:
My first one was at 600 (with a lot of shit in the oil). I'm at 3,000 now and about to do it again. I'm probably going to go ahead and do all the fluids this time.
Dang, usually change it at 1000, but now need to rethink that.

Will adjust my usual routine and do at 600 (dino), 1200 (dino), 5000 (synthetic) and then stick to the 5K intervals. I will be putting in synthetic diff fluid at 5K also.

·
Official Misfit
1,453 Posts
i change mine every 100 miles, or 10 starts, whichever comes first.

i just passed 2K and plan on waiting till 5K

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
81shark said:
i change mine every 100 miles, or 10 starts, whichever comes first.

i just passed 2K and plan on waiting till 5K
:eek: Are you serious? Every 100 miles. That could be like every couple days. That's a bit excessive, don't you think?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts