Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just drove my gen2 camry one and a quarter mile to my house with no plates on it. I dont know how i didnt get caught but i didnt :D .

The radiator is rusted out and i need to replace it but the person who's house i was keeping it at decided to make me move it with no notice....so now any mechanical work i do now has to be done in a cold open parking lot....with nosey neighbors.

The policy at my apartment complex is no unregisterd cars or they will be towed. Yet there are 4 cars that dont have plates and have been sitting for over 5 years....the only thing they have are resident stickers. I have been keeping the front plate from my 03 camry on my 1990 camry to keep it where i live. Do you guys think it would be safe to remove the plate? scince there are many cars where i live without? My freind said i could keep my front plate on my other car and just by a patriotic vanity plate and cops wont pull me over..... anyone think that will work?

thanks.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
go to your apt office, and tell them you bought a car! Ask for the resident sticker and simple..be safe! If they ask for your tags', tell them the car needs some work before the DMV will issue you any plate, but its your intention to get tags (see you didn't include any timeframe nor any limits). good luck

·
Dealer Tech..not Toyota
540 Posts
do you live in a complex where you have like *dedicated* parking spaces? like the 2 in front of your apt. are yours, and the 2 in font of your neighbors' are theirs?

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
BrianOwens said:
it has a sticker on it from over a year ago when i used to drive it, and I asked them if i could store it for a bit till i got plates, they said NO :(
crap you used the work 'store'...people don't store their cars at apt complexes! I guess now you need space to work at it (outside your apt complex).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.