Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90' Celica ALL-TRAC
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just need a few opinions on what would happen if I would replace the CT26 on my Alltrac (st185) with a T4 turbocharger (up to 28 psi, up to ~450hp), that is if I would set it to stock boost. I need a new turbo but want to make room for future upgrades. Would the turbo spool slowly or whatever you think would happen? Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Celica GT Coupe
350 Posts
Hi, I just need a few opinions on what would happen if I would replace the CT26 on my Alltrac (st185) with a T4 turbocharger (up to 28 psi, up to ~450hp), that is if I would set it to stock boost. I need a new turbo but want to make room for future upgrades. Would the turbo spool slowly or whatever you think would happen? Thanks.
Depends on the size of the T4, really.....

I would imagine on stock boost, it would probably spool slightly slower, but not fall off on the top end like the CT26 would. I'd keep an eye on your AF ratio, though, as it's likely a larger turbo and may be too much for the stock AFM/ECU/Fuel system.

What are your goals with the car? You may be happier with a CT20B and a Gen3 electronics conversion.

·
Registered
90' Celica ALL-TRAC
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the thing is i don't have any concrete plans for the car, but would like it to reach ~350hp over time, part by part, and since the stock turbo is dead i need another so i'm thinking why not put a larger turbo to start with that. The problem is now, will the car lose performance greatly due to the larger turbo or will it sustain performance regardless of it. I'm pointing out that i would set the new turbo to stock alltrac pressure. Yes, the turbos i'm currently browsing are quite larger than the ct26.

(example specs:
INLET 3"
OUTLET 2"
MAX PSI CAPACITY 28PSI
COMPRESSOR wheel diameter 53.90/69.31 mm
TURBINE wheel diameter 63.98 / 73.89 mm
MAX HP 450HP
turbine wheel trim 1.12)

I don't know that much about turbo mechanics so this data voids my knowledge that is why i need help.

·
Registered
93 Celica GT Coupe
350 Posts
Well the thing is i don't have any concrete plans for the car, but would like it to reach ~350hp over time, part by part, and since the stock turbo is dead i need another so i'm thinking why not put a larger turbo to start with that. The problem is now, will the car lose performance greatly due to the larger turbo or will it sustain performance regardless of it. I'm pointing out that i would set the new turbo to stock alltrac pressure. Yes, the turbos i'm currently browsing are quite larger than the ct26.

(example specs:
INLET 3"
OUTLET 2"
MAX PSI CAPACITY 28PSI
COMPRESSOR wheel diameter 53.90/69.31 mm
TURBINE wheel diameter 63.98 / 73.89 mm
MAX HP 450HP
turbine wheel trim 1.12)

I don't know that much about turbo mechanics so this data voids my knowledge that is why i need help.

You'll probably gain performance with that turbo. You'll shift your whole powerband up, so you'll have to dog on it more than you did before to get it really moving, but it'll be faster than it was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts