Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sosad: My 1999 XLE The engine is fine and I could drive away from the scene but the damage looks to be about $8,000. I need to replace the panelling on the passenger front door and front right side. And the WindShield! Thanx to the crumple zones the engine compartment was unaffected. How much do you think it will cost me guys?

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
A concern would be frame damage requiring pulling the frame back into alignment. After market windshields should be reasonable. Might look for parts at a junkyard, remove and replace, and then have the color matched. Toyota will of course charge the most, so look at third party shops.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Lets see:

Passenger door (or skin): $500 + $100 labour
Front Fender: $400 + $100 labour
Windshield: $350 + $50 labour
Front light housing: $200 + $50 labour

Frame allignment: $500
Painting: $2000
Body work: $500

Grand total: $4750

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hit a wooden fence skidding side ways. I don't think there's even the slightest frame damage. A Recreational long frence can be punched in 2 via most specialty martial artists. Ironically they can dent fenders with these fits as well. Anyways I got my claim check but the place I'm going to totalled $2,200. I'm a happy camper. I'll just save the money to pay my increased rate. I swear, Insurance is like giving away free money By the time you get in an accident you could have paid for the damages a yourself from what you pay insurance over the years.

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
Sounds like a deal. Insurance seems expensive until someone sues you then you are glad you have it (and their attorneys).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts