Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Actually the FSM states for that front mount "On M/T, it does not matter if the insulator ribs (4 places) are broken" So don't worry about it.

It's on page EM-160 of my 1991 manual if you have it.

·
Registered
corolly
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the FSM states for that front mount "On M/T, it does not matter if the insulator ribs (4 places) are broken" So don't worry about it.

It's on page EM-160 of my 1991 manual if you have it.

I wish I had a manual but that's weird I looked at the part online and it shows it being solid rubber all the way to the metal like the Motor mount.. well I guess ill save 60 dollars huh

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
I would get a new one, even if the manual says that if the 4 "feet" are cracked its ok, but in that one they're missing, which leads to alot of play which enables the engine to rock and thus you'd destroy the other mounts aswell, not to mention you might get other issues like gears popping out etc.

·
Registered
corolly
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would get a new one, even if the manual says that if the 4 "feet" are cracked its ok, but in that one they're missing, which leads to alot of play which enables the engine to rock and thus you'd destroy the other mounts aswell, not to mention you might get other issues like gears popping out etc.

ya true that makes sense if the feet were broken but still on the mount the tranny wouldnt be able to move as much because there is would be less distance with the extra rubber, ill get one. its only 60 bucks

·
Rotary guy...
89 RX-7 Turbo
2,456 Posts
mine was the same way when I pulled my engine:

I would replace it.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yea, I'd have no objections to replacing it but really those four ribs don't do much to restrict motion which is probably why they break so easily. I'm guessing they are there to hold the new one in one piece before you install it. If you really don't want it to move, you can use casting urethane to make it a solid mount. I did that but have yet to install them.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
now clean that sucker and and fill it up with poly window weld. i like the title. i was thinking of a strategy for you to pay the chick off. luckily it was just a motor mount. lol

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
now clean that sucker and and fill it up with poly window weld. i like the title. i was thinking of a strategy for you to pay the chick off. luckily it was just a motor mount. lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking the same thing!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts