Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep

Went to see 1986 aw11 MR2 na today.
Now I'm wondering "if's and but's" of it. I could change it to my E-Carina. Just makes me think alot.

Its "lot" older than my Carina (86 vs. 92), definetly old-school thingie, but I'we had this in mind quite a time. Still, as its going to be my daily drive in winter, how it will survive and how expencive it will be ( as Carina is "as bulletproof" as it can be).
Good points are that it really good condition (exept power windows $$$?), it has new engine, tranny's ok, some new paint, good wheels (summer/winter) and its not an T-TOP :confused: .

·
Registered
500 Posts
Wow, that is a clean looking car.

I don't have any personal experience with the MkI in winter, but I can tell you that the MkII is quite squirrely in the snow. Supposedly it handles pretty well with snow tires on; I've got high performance all seasons on atm.

I am not sure of what cost of ownership in Finland will be but in the US they're very reasonable for a sports car.

If you do any high performance driving at all, you'll love it. Properly set up MR2s are just a blast to thrash on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mr2rider91 said:
sell your carina and buy a sw20 mk-II mr2
Some reason I dont like it and it cost's twice what my Carina is worth.
Turbo might just be "there" but its so rare here that theres no fear of accidentally end up owning one and price jumps so high that there's plenty of sportcars to choose.

Gairloch said:
I don't have any personal experience with the MkI in winter, but I can tell you that the MkII is quite squirrely in the snow. Supposedly it handles pretty well with snow tires on; I've got high performance all seasons on atm.
It's a snake, trying to accelerate straight you'we must drive like your antie whit flowerhat :D

Gairloch said:
If you do any high performance driving at all, you'll love it. Properly set up MR2s are just a blast to thrash on.
Oh yes, I love the idea of taking it to track for a blast. Mm nordschleife will be fun..

·
BRAKE/STEER/THROTTLE
nothing but Toyotas
1,420 Posts
nice and clean! good luck and welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts