Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know where the simplest place i can get a hot connection when my parking lights and or headlights are on. I thought maby i could just use the wire to a light that is say in the glove box??? Does anybody have a better idea???
Thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
The clock connector has those connections (for dimming) you could also tie into the dash lights circuit (just be careful of current draw)

I had a Mazda with a glove box light and a switch to trigger but it would only come on if the lights were on to keep from running down the battery if you left it open by accident.

Try L E Ds they are great and low current.

CW

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
depends what kind of current you want to draw through it, the best way would be to get a direct fused cable from the battery to a relay that can be hooked up to your lights

but if its a low drain item, then you could think about splicing into the cigarette lighter socket - its fused, and is only on when the car is either at acc or on

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
I had to splice a connection for a relay for my driving lights, which I wante don only when the parking and/or headlights were on. Ended up splicing into the positive on the front-left parking light for the relay's input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts