Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, sorry for the noob question but where would i look (online and locally) to try and find a v6 engine for my 92 v4 Camry?.. and do you guys think it would cost me?

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
google.com or ebay.com

you can find several places that sell JDM engines online that were taken out and shipped over here. Price is ging to be in the 800 dollar range minimum by the time ou pay for the engine and the shipping.

Here is one on Ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-9...ewItemQQcategoryZ33615QQitemZ8019029840QQrdZ1

wait aminute do you have the V6 or I4. you state you are loking for a V6 but you want it for a v4 Camry.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i have a v4 but i wanna swap it for a V6... i thought i could just drop tha eninge in with a few other modifications.

another question.. for my v4 now, is it possible to switch the automatic tranny for a standard one?.. will it cost my over 1000?

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Another thing is that its much cheaper to sell your inline 4 and go buy a V6. Unless you have a bunch of guys and a decent shop willing to do it for free. You could probably drop a turbo in for less..

Words of advice would be unbolt your mods, put the stock stuff back and sell your i4 and go shop a V6 manual.

·
Dealer Tech..not Toyota
540 Posts
well if you do fo the V6 route, (fun!!!) it would be extremely better as a manual, not auto... may take some work to put in a V6(motor mounts prolly need changing, or beefed up at least, need new exhaust prolly., possibly need new cv joints, id recommend getting rear disk brakes, considering the addad power, and prolly. speed!!!:naughty:, prolly will need new ecu, and maybe wireharnesses, maybe new radiator) as amerikim said...id just shop for a good shaped V6 MANUAL!!!

^lol, i think most of us with the 3VZ-FE's wish we had manuals, well i do :rolleyes:...

·
RX-7 Restorations
18 Camry SE
1,570 Posts
i have a 92 XLE that i may part with. auto trans though. i wouldnt trade my 92 V6 SE 5 speed for any other camry! its a hell of a car! if you need any parts let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.