Toyota Nation Forum banner

I need help with my TRD kit.

975 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Phi 
#1 ·
I just got my TRD lip kit for my 01 camry. I've been searching and haven't been able to find the info that I need. So far I've found out that you have to modify the front and rear pieces to fit on a gen 4.5 but I have not found any specifics. Does anybody know exactly how to mod the front and rear pieces to make them fit. Any help would be great. I have all the hardware and insructions that came with the kit, will I need anything else? If someone knows what to do please let me know, pics would be great too.

#8 ·
I modified my kit to fit on my 2000. For the front pieces all you have to do is grind/sand the angled lip. First you have to take off all of the doubled sided tape that sits on it (re-apply later). Then grind/sand it down till its pretty flat. I did it with a Dremel. The rears fit but there will be a gap. All you need is some spacers and some long bolts. The sides fit perfectly. Just do some test fits to know what needs to be done.

#10 ·
damn, gettin no props for the find on the kits, j/k lol
hope you enjoy your kit neon. it comes with all the hardware and instructions, it even comes with the true trd emblems. i am very happy with mine and you will be too.

#11 ·
augcam said:
damn, gettin no props for the find on the kits, j/k lol
hope you enjoy your kit neon. it comes with all the hardware and instructions, it even comes with the true trd emblems. i am very happy with mine and you will be too.

Hehe, if you going to come to Toronto for vacation
i'll get you Extra large coffee with the NEW Maple Walnut Dip !!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
This combo is better than Phi's hehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

#13 · (Edited)
Neon said:

This combo is better than Phi's hehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:
^ don't excpect me to share the prize with you if I win on "Roll up the rim" :p:

When you guys are about to put on the kit, my only suggestion is to clean and prep the surface properly to ensure a strong bond. I forgot to apply the adhesive promoter provided on one side and my side skirt came off during the winter. I wasn't able to re-do it until it warmed up enough in mid.late spring. I had to go boro and duct tape it :eek::

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.