Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I'm new here, please be nice. The story: I had a trd extended cab Tacoma, 4wd. I loved it, but as my son grew, I realized that I needed a 4 door. I'm a carpenter, so I needed a truck. So I bought a gmc. ? I hated it. A lot. I then left the construction trades and bought a Honda Element, which I like. I'm back in the construction trades, and alas, I need a truck, and it will be another Toyota. I like the first generation tundras. My question: is the access cab big enough for a growing 9 yo and his friends? Or do I need a 4 door? Thanks, and sorry for the diatribe.

·
Powered by country
1991 SR5 x-cab 4wd
43 Posts
NO, the extra cab on a 1st gen Tundra is NOT big enough.

Simply put, as I have a 2002 Tundra extra cab, NO, the extra cab on a 1st gen Tundra is NOT big enough to fit anyone comfortably for any length of time, unless the are very small and lying across the whole thing themselves. I want dearly to get rid of my truck and get a 4 door Tacoma instead. Not much about my Tundra has made me like it, though I have not had ANY problems with it at all thus far. Your vehicle either does it for you, or it doesn't. This one misses the mark for me. But that's just about ME. You seem to like Tundras, so take others' advice and get a 4 door Tundra for your application. You will never regret having that extra room back there anyway.

I'm done with extended cab trucks. Never again. Access that area with a FULL size door. You thank yourself for splurging to do it right.:smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts