Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thats right... there was a Scion tC at the Team Transport Toys for Tots Car Show that was owned by Toyota and is their show car and it was sporting the all new TRD 2.4L 2AZ-FE supercharger with TRD intercooler. The guy working for Toyota that was responsible for the car was an idiot... and couldn't answer simple basic questions, however. I looked and saw the stock air box, and I asked him if the air box has any kind of hose coming out of it towards the fender well or towards the bottom of the car to get colder air since I couldn't see underneath the box 'cause the engine was fairly compact... he gave me a blank stare and said, "Uh... thats the intake box there, isn't it?" ....so I changed the subject and asked him how much horsepower and torque the s/c put out on the 2AZ, and he gave me another blank stare, and told me that it hadn't been dyno'd and all this crap. So nothing was answered... HOWEVER... Johnny (bB626) and I were able to watch them start up the engine and load the tC back up onto the tow truck to be hauled off back to some Toyota-owned garage, and man, that s/c sounded fackin' siiick!! Johnny took pics of it, so when he uploads them, I'll post it here.

Oh... and the tC looked freakin' badass... except for the pink rims... :disappoin

EDIT: All that junk about the s/c being $3000 is garbage. Thats just for the s/c itself. For all parts (intercooler included) installed, its about $5000.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
yah i know everyone was shocked.. i shoulda p;osted that last week at XDL... they had one.. make that 3 TC's with chargers.. i was told by the owners it was about 4000 for them (guess longo sponored the cars.)

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Courtesy of Johnny:

The pink part is the valve cover and the intercooler is on top of it.

·
Camry Under Construction
668 Posts
that is badass.... is it true that a supercharger can only be on a manual 2az-fe or can it be put on an automatic as well???

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^Well, I talked to Justin (Wraith) and he said that with a couple of MINOR adjustments, you can get it to work with the auto tranny too. And it shouldn't cost all that much for the adjustments.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fresco Bob said:
looks cool, got any more pics?
Nah, when I found it, we only had a few seconds to snap a shot 'cause they were loading it back up into the truck to haul it out of there.

·
Taco Tuesday!
1,613 Posts
the s/c itself is so yesterday's news :eek:: (on scionlife.com though). just messing lol. a bunch of tC owners have it installed on the tC and some of them have even modified the supercharger with pulleys, by-pass valves, and whatnot (good news for the rest of the 2AZ-FE community). what's news with this tC is this water intercooler though!!! that seems to be news to scionlife.com where they are really hyped up about forced induction (i just posted news and pictures about the this intercooler and i'm expecting them to go nuts within that thread LOL).

anywaiz, this intercooler looks prototype-ish. the black plastic cover in the front blocking the view of the intercooler mount, that grey plug not tucked away, and some other stuff that i just cant put my finger on. and to whit3chocolate- that is still the stock airbox used, which has pipes that just run to the fenderwell, but not any further to collect colder air. as to this date, there is no c.a.i. or s.r.i. made specifically for the supercharged setup, though the umitza (i think thats how you spell it) carbon fiber air intake box has worked succesfully with the supercharger (something i saw in scionlife.com again).

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^Its all in the original post, bro. :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
Sorry to jack the thread but whats the deal with the 1mz supercharger? I cant find one anywhere, ive called all the yota dealerships in my state, talked to my buddys at 2 of the import shops here in town, and i still cant find one. Whats my best bet? I know they stopped selling them about a year or so ago...

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^Oh no way! Aw man... if I had known you were there, I would've for sure come by. :sosad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.