Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I purchased some interior parts for my gen3 camry and the money(Money Order) was sent out to this guy via mail on December 7th. 5 days later he responded and said that he is having problems cashing the money order because the printing seems a bit faint. In addition to that he also mentioned that the items that I purchased are packed up and ready to be shipped.

On December 19th he said that he was finally able to cash the money order and apologized for taking so long because he is in the process of moving and said that he would ship the items on December 22nd. I pm'd him back and asked him to please send me a tracking number so that I have an idea as to where my items are. Well its Decemeber 30th and still no response and no package yet. What do you guys think, Have I been ripped off?

·
TN's ExercisePhysiologist
96 S/CToyotaAvalonXL
851 Posts
if its ebay, probably bro. notifiy paypal, if thats what you used, they'll send an email to them and you, but thats usually will scare them. I had to do it twice and both times it worked.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually purchased the items from the buy/sell/trade section of this forum from a private party. I have his address (Hopefully its his correct address) but thats about it.

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
I wanted a few parts too, but he didn't take paypal or have pics of the parts....keep me posted....I smell.....:bullshitz:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
well i just moved and it is a bitch to get things out on time.
but did you look into his post count? right now he has 24 and when he started the thread to sell his parts he listed alot already marked sold. most people dont list parts thay have sold in the first post thay list. just the ones thay have to sell. and later go back and edit it. witch he didnt. i do think you got [email protected]@ked but you should have looked into it a little bit more. i'm sorry if you did and you better put up a warning about him to others.
and if you paid by money order and still have the copy me are meant to keep you can cancel it and get your money back or you can find out the infor on the ass that cashed it. I.D. is requierd to cash them.i have been berned befor so i cheak up on all the people i buy from on any forums. you should at least find someone that has done business with them and contact them to see how it went.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What type of MO was it? Bank? Post office? Did you write his name on it? If he cashed it, i dont think there's much you can do except file a report to the police.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I got the money order from a liquor store. I still have the attached copy that im supposed to keep. So what are my options? How can I get my money back? I know its probably not going to be an easy task, but whatever it takes to get my money back I'll do it.

I really appreciate all the replies people...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also got ripped off by him. I mailed him my payment in Dec and still haven't heard anything from em.

Here's his address:

Cha Chang
6700 toledo ave N.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55429

·
Registered
169 Posts
I actually recieved a package from the guy it arrived just before new years... but it was incomplete...

These are the parts we agreed on..

Neutral saftey switch
Reverse sensor
Mudguards
Glove box door

He PMed me back apologizing for the delay, but he had a small issues with the Money order (Canadian Postal Money Order in US funds).. then he was out of town at a family members funeral... after that he sent me a message explaining that while he was away his brother sold off the Transmission with the Neutral Saftey Switch and the Reverse Sensor switch and offered to refund me some of the money..

When the package came there were only two mud flaps (instead of four) and the glove box door -- no "refunded" cash like we agreed... One mud flap was torn.

Anyway I PMed him about it, telling him I would hold off commenting but it's been a while since that message and I have not heard back from him.. I'm still hopeing things will work out with the transaction for me (I'm optimistic that way) because up until recently his communcations were good..

I have a transcript of our PM conversations but I dunno if it would make any difference posting it..

BTW just for reference, here is the link to the original For Sale posting..
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t110189.html

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do agree that communication with this individual was good in the beginning, but now its been almost a month since he got back to me. He said that he was going to ship my items out on Dec.22nd according to the pm he sent me on Dec 19th, I have not received a thing from this guy. I have pm'd this person numerous times regarding the status of my items but no response to this date.

I feel that this person has had a substantial amount of time to ship my items out. Not only that he said that my items were ready to be shipped, and that he was just waiting for the money order to go through in his account. I checked the money order that I sent him and he cashed it on Dec 19th. So where is my [email protected] now? It has been almost a month...

If any of you have been ripped off from this guy and would like further information on what to do please pm me.

Thank You

·
Registered
169 Posts
pinoy_islander619 said:
...If any of you have been ripped off from this guy and would like further information on what to do please pm me.
Why not just post what you think is the best course of action to take?

and while you are at it any updates?

I still have not heard back from the guy but my optimistic nature and need to believe that human beings are honest and generous creatures keep me hoping that I will get a response..

·
Registered
169 Posts
lol...:lol:

I just got a PM from the guy... seems he couldn't get in contact with any of us because he
got locked up for a stupid ass warrant and couldnt get in touch with the outside world
:whatthe: .. He said he's going to set everything straight hopes everyone understands and just please be patient..

Now I'm kinda shaking my head and laughing at the same time, becasue I dunno if I should feel better about the whole situation or not :p:

Cha, Sorry if you are reading this, but you gotta admit it's kinda funny...

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
GrantTPC said:
lol...:lol:

I just got a PM from the guy... seems he couldn't get in contact with any of us because he
:whatthe: .. He said he's going to set everything straight hopes everyone understands and just please be patient..

Now I'm kinda shaking my head and laughing at the same time, becasue I dunno if I should feel better about the whole situation or not :p:

Cha, Sorry if you are reading this, but you gotta admit it's kinda funny...

Cha Ching was in the "Clinker" all this time.....wonder what the charges were:confused:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts