Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2018 has light grey fabric seats. We are at about 15k miles now and we have plenty of visible stains on both front and middle row (bench) seats. We have a "no food in car" rule, but somehow stains are happening.. I know we can try and wash/shampoo/clean the stains, but I figure based on things so far they will just continue to happen. So I am thinking seat covers...

I am thinking sheepskin covers for the front seats. What else would be better? And I have no idea how to protect that middle row seats...

Any ideas would be very welcome.

(wishing we had gone with leather or a very dark fabric)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
First clean the seats. I've found a steam cleaner to be extremely effective. You can get one for under $100 on Amazon.

Or get the seats professionally cleaned.

Once thoroughly cleaned and dry - buy a couple cans of Scotch-Guard and follow the directions and spray the fabric and carpeting. It really does help protect the fabric. But it won't last forever. Needs to be reapplied every 6-8 months.

(wishing we had gone with leather or a very dark fabric)
There are some good aftermarket leather you can get and have professionally installed. Looks as good or better then OEM.

·
Registered
2016 highlander XLE, 2012 highlander se, 2009 camry se
36 Posts
CarID has what you need. I am personally using coverking neoprene covers in my highlander and I love them. They add some cushion and they are a very true and snug fit. I did this on my 1st and second row on my 2012, and used caltrend neosupreme in my 3rd row. I also use coverking in my civic and camry. I plan to do this on my 3rd gen as well pretty soon. The good part about them is the custom fit. No one noticed that they are seat covers. Not sure what you are wanting to have outside of resisting stains, but coverking suede is also a good choice too for stain resistant

·
2015 Highlander LE Plus
75 Posts
Got Wet Okole neoprene custom fit covers for our 2014. Great fit but be prepared to spend some time on the installation. If you're not handy or don't want to break a sweat and skin a knuckle or two then maybe have your mechanic install them.

·
Registered
'19 LE, +oem roof racks & hitch
1 Posts
Until you decide on the long-term solution, buy yourself some time by getting 4 grey bath towels from Target and put 'em on. Hmm, they're not looking too bad....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts